Chapter 2

I walk out of the practice room, down the hall, and wait for an elevator. When one opens, I walk in. As the door is about to close, I hear someone's shouts.

"Wait! Wait!"

I press the open button and see an extremely handsome boy jog up to the elevator. I smell his sweat as he steps inside the elevator.

"Thanks," he says as he flashes me a kind smile.

"Oh, yeah. No problem.." I answer back returning a slight smile, feeling self conscious because I, myself, am drenched in sweat. My bangs are sticking to my forehead and my hair is greasy.

"Practicing late?" He asks at an attempt at small talk.

"Yes.. you too?" I ask back, although I can already tell he has been.

"Yup. Are you a trainee? I don't recognize you."

"Um.. yeah. Actually, I'm debuting tomorrow." I say, slightly surprised he doesn't recognize my face. It's not like I'm super popular or anything, but I thought he would know considering our company isn't that big. Our company's other artists had wished me luck today so they had obviously heard the news of my debut. We had even trained together for a couple months.

"Wow, really?! I'm so sorry. Congratulations! I'm Ko Min Soo, otherwise known as-"

"Kogyeol. From Up10tion. I know who you are. I'm a fan of Up10tion." I say. "I'm Kim Areum."

"Nice to meet you, Kim Areum." He answers back sweetly.

The elevator doors open. I step out first, with him behind me. I turn to him and politely say with a bow,

"I'll get going now. Goodbye." He returns the bow. I step out of the building into the cold, winter air and start to walk back to my dorm.