11

Jaeri's POV:

By the time we finished the duet, I just stared at DO. His voice sounded so good. I must've sounded like a dying whale.

"You have a really beautiful voice Jaeri," DO's compliment made me blush again. I thanked him and looked away to hide my face.

I then spotted Kai teaching Stephanie a dance. Stephanie was a really good dancer and they were doing a contemporary-like dance. I had never seen Kai doing those moves so gracefully. They finished their routine with Kai holding Stephanie's hands with Stephanie doing a vertical split.

"Are you ok Jaeri?" I snapped out of my world when DO, Luhan, Chen and Baekhyun were in front of me. I nodded shyly. "We heard you two singing just now, you guys sound great together," Chen complimented. "And your pronunciation was really good too," Luhan added. "We're going to practice a song together, want to join us?" Baekhyun offered.

I agreed and followed them to a corner of the studio. "I am just wondering, why are all 12 of you practicing so hard? Do you guys have a gig coming up?" My question earned myself smirks from them. "You'll see," Chen teased while the others started snickering.

...

After that day's long day at practice, the members were leaving when I was staying back alone in the studio. I was helping out to clean away all of the junk and litter. Just as I was about to leave, I heard someone singing.

It sounded somewhat familiar. I followed the voice and found myself in a darker corner of the studio. When I turned around the corner, I recognized that member's back view. Now that I think about it, he never actually sang before, not even in the practice earlier.

"Kai oppa?"

The lad flinched and he turned around.

"Oh erm...hi Jaeri..." He said shyly.

"Are you practicing your singing?" I sat down beside him.

"Well...as you can tell, dancing is my forte. But I've always liked singing too, it's just that not many people know of it. And I'm not that good at it anyway..." Kai forced a weak smile.

Third person's POV:

Jaeri looked at Kai hanging his head. She then thought about the song he was humming to earlier. She looked down and shyly started singing.

깊어진 하루 틈 사이
너는 조용히 다가와
어둠을 걷어내고 나의 잠을 깨워
그리곤 멀어져
열린 창문 저 너머로

Just then, another voice took over.

길을 잃었나, , , .
밤공기가 아직 차가워 일어나
So, baby, hold on 혼자 두기가
걱정이 거릴 두고
너의 뒤를 따라가

Jaeri looked up at Kai who was singing with his eyes closed. She beamed to herself as she joined Kai.

넌 쏟아지는 달빛에 샤워
그 황홀한 표정은 본 적이 없어

Kai opened his eyes and smiled at Jaeri as they continued.

그림처럼 멈춘 네가 보여
그 시선 끝엔

닿을 수가 없는
안길 수도 없는
수면 위에 비친 사람이 아니야
이뤄질 없는 슬픈 너의 story
가까워질수록 아파질 테니
사랑만은...
Stop, stop, stop, stop, yeah
사랑만은...
Stop, stop, stop, stop, yeah
이렇게 내가 애타게 불러
다가가지 , babe, 날개가 젖으니