2 | MONSOON

CHAPTER TWO
MONSOON
| 01x01 | pilot |

ー

WITH HIS BACK pressed against the old, rickety wall, Corey chewed on his lip in anticipation. The sound of his car keys clicking against the wood that was patched over a broken window, sounded through the room.

The five teenagers stood waiting for Diana and Cassie. Some less anxious that others.

"Can you quit tapping?" Faye snapped at the boy. "Please." She added, crossing her arms over her chest.

Corey merely draw his hand from the wall and slid it in the pocket of his jacket.

"What's taking them so long?" Melissa groaned just before hearing footsteps outside the abandoned house.

Faye released a breathe deeply. "Finally." She spoke, rising from her seat on the old hammock as the duo they were all waiting for arrived.

"Hey neighbor." Nick smirked, his voice low as he began to climb down from the ledge he had been perched upon. "I'm Nick, also known as the guy in the window."

Corey sighed at Nick's strange words. "Way to be a creep, Armstrong."

Nick sneered at the taller boy, Faye and Melissa smiled in amusement at the comment thrown at the blond boy.

"Hi." Adam greeted, cutting in before Nick and Corey started fighting for what would feel like millionth time.

"Ok. What are all of you doing here?" Cassie's voice was filled with confusion, her eyebrows furrowed together and the group could all see how tightly she has her hands grasped. "What's going on?"

Adam sighed. "We want to explain."

"I didn't want to tell you like this, but I didn't have a choice-" Before Diana could continue, Faye cut her off.

"She has a right to know." The brunette growled.

Corey, who was seated on top of wooden table with Faye, let out a defeated exhale. "Faye's not wrong, Di."

A look of disbelief crossed over both Diana and Faye's faces. Diana because she didn't believe that her best friend was taking the side of the school's bad girl over her. And Faye because, like Diana, she found it hard to believe that Corey would stick up for her in a sense.

"Know what?" Cassie questioned loudly.

"Who you are." Diana told the shorter girl, turning to face Cassie.