3 | CHEMISTRY

CHAPTER THREE
CHEMISTRY
| 01x02 | bound |

ー

"Hi there! I'm Sally Matthews, class president." The sudden voice and presence beside her made Cassie jump.

Cassie cleared her throat awkwardly. "Oh. Hi...Cassie-"

Sally smiled "The new girl. I just wanted to welcome you and see if you needed anything. Anything. Social, extra curricular, I'm your girl.

Cassie laughed softly, glad to make a friend at her new school that didn't seem crazy. "Okay."

"Oh and if your not doing anything tomorrow, you should come to the fair. I'm in charge of the school raffle and we really need new band uniforms. I could totally use the help. And it's a great way to meet people." Sally spoke with enthusiasm.

"Okay, sure." Cassie thought that if she could make a friend who didn't claim to be a witch, that her new life in Chance Harbor might not be so bad.

"Great."

Faye approached the duo, a smirk on her lips. "She's been here for five minutes, don't torture the girl yet."

Sally groaned, not wanting to deal with Faye's rude demeanor. "We're talking, Faye!"

"And I'm interrupting, Sally." Faye said with a shrug and she pulled Cassie away from Sally. "That Sally Matthews talks more than I can listen. Look, I want to apologize for what happened on the dock with the storm. Things got a little out of hand and I wanted to thank you for stopping it. With you here, our powers are magnified, and it's awesome, but we have to practice a little. Have Diana or Corey gotten to you yet about binding the circle?"

Cassie looked unamused by the girl beside her. "Not yet."

That was the answer Faye had been hoping for. "Just say no. It is exactly what we don't want to do."

"Why not?" The blonde asked a hand on her hip.

Faye groaned. "It links us together, all seven of us. We won't have individual power. It'll become a factious circle with control freak Diana as dictator and Corey following whatever she says. I for one I don't want someone telling me what to eat for lunch, much less what parade I can rain on, you know?"

"Damn, Faye, I didn't know you could use such big words." Corey had seen the duo talking from across the hall, knowing that Faye was most likely trying to turn Cassie against his best friend, he decided that interrupting their conversation would be his best plan.