Chapter 13

"Elizabeth, wake up," Zak whispered to me. Sunlight drifted in through the curtains, right at us. I turned onto my other side and pulled the covers up to my chin. Zak still had his arm draped over my side.

"Why?" I mumbled, opening my still sleepy eyes. I raised my hand and rubbed them, seeing his face more clearly.

"It's almost noon," Zak yawned, smiling. His hair was a complete mess.

"Really?" I asked sitting up, but immediately falling back when I felt a piercing pain in my head.

"Hangover," he stated, "I have one too."

 "Great," I said, sarcastically.

"Here," he laughed, handing me a couple aspirin and a glass of water.

"Thanks," I said, swallowing the aspirin and water.

"Welcome," he yawned.

"Is anyone else awake?" I asked, putting my feet over the edge of the bed. I winced as my bare feet touched the frozen floor, Hopping out of bed, I went to the closet and opened it up. I shaded my eyes as Zak opened the curtains, letting the room fill with light.  I quickly pulled on  a pair of dark jeans, a white tank top, and threw on a black sweater over it. I went into the bathroom while Zak changed. I put in my contacts and brushed my teeth. I looked in the mirror at my pale face and put on some mascara and blush. As I walked out Zak went in, almost bumping  into each other. I sat on the bed and put on the pair indoor boots and waited for Zak to come out.

"Is anyone else awake?" I repeated as we walked into the hallway.

"I think Becca and Joshua are awake but still in the guest house, and Tiff and Kat are downstairs." He said, as we went down the stairs.

"Good morning!" Tiff and Kat sang as they saw us.

"Morning," I said, smiling.

"Here, we left early," Tiff said handing me a coffee.

 "Thanks, I need this," I said, taking a sip. The hot liquid warmed me up immediately.

"We did too," Kat said yawning.

 "What do you want to do?" I asked them, sitting down on the couch.

"I wanted to take a walk around outside, before it gets too late, then we could make some lunch" Kat said, excitedly.

"Sounds great," I said, smiling.

"We have to wait for everyone though," Tiff said, looking up from her steaming coffee.

"No, it won't be long just a short walk," Kat said.

"Okay," I said.

"Just the three of us," Kat said, eyeing Zak.

"Okay," Zak said, putting his hands up and shrugging.

 "Great!" Kat said, running upstairs to change.

  "But I don't want to put my coffee down," Tiff whined.

 "Oh just drink it all now and we'll go back later," Kat shouted from the top of the stairs, I could hear her hastily changing into a pair of jeans.

"Fine," Tiff sighed, drinking the last of her coffee. She set the cup down on the table.

"Ready?" Kat asked. as she came down, her hair a mess.

"Um, your hair?" Tiff asked, pointing to Kat's head. Zak laughed, almost falling out of his seat.

"Shut up Zak," Kat hissed, as Zak laughed.