T e n

May 26th, 2043

Harry and I were very distanced now. As if there was an invisible cord that separated the both of us. Now, I had grown a strong phobia of him- to which manages to avoid him at all costs whenever possible. But, I always managed to do my job and task; I fed him, bathed him, and took care of him. The only difference was that now there was a lack of being social.

I helped myself get out of bed and slipped on my pink bunny slippers. Sleep was a new problem that I had been facing lately. I couldn't seem to sleep and usually stayed awake for most of the night. I drowsily rolled my eyes with the back of my hands before heading to the balcony in the living room.

I turned the lights of the balcony on the very minute I stepped in. The thing was, I still slept with the lights on-babyish, yes. But, I actually had superstitious experiences happen to me in reality.  When I was fourteen years old,  I experienced with Sleep Paralysis.  Not only could I move for more than an hour, but I also saw black figures chasing after me. Because of that, I always try not to sleep on my back. 

Pushing the loose strands of my hair to the side of my neck, I looked down at the bustling city as it ran wild. The starry night was filled with headlights and stop signs gave color to the night sky. Skyscrapers gave details to the packed city and cars gave sounds. 

As cold breeze came in once in a while, I would casually shiver and cuddle myself in hopes of warmth. 

I was very detailed into the city view until the balcony light began to flicker. 

"Ah!" I screamed in horror, only to turn and see Harry playing with the switch. "What are you doing here?" I scoffed at him. I was sure that the city had heard my loud shrills.

Why was it that this boy was always in my sight no matter wherever I was? I would come to a place specifically to avoid him, but magically he'd appear.

"And can you please turn on the light, please!" I urged. I had a strong case of Achluophobia; fear of darkness. 

"No," He responded, even if it was dark I swear I could see a smug smirk playing on his lips. "I told you, light bothers me." 

I rolled my eyes at his response. "Well, darkness bothers me. So, I'd like you to turn on the light," I ordered firmly. I could barely see anything, with the exception of black, of course. 

"Oh, and you still didn't respond to my question. What are you doing here?" 

"I should be asking you that?" I heard him mock me. 

"What?" 

"What are you doing here? I thought that only I came here during the night," He spoke briefly. 

"Did you forget that you don't own the balcony?" I shot back. Although it was highly impossible to see his face, I could already see his player look.

"No, I never said that..." He interrupted. "I was trying to say that I never saw you here at this time. What are you doing here?" 

"That's none of your business," I scoffed in reply. I couldn't believe it. Just a week ago, he nearly threatened and almost raped me, but here I was, talking to him again. Talk about dignity. 

"Okay, I am really getting freaked out right now. Please turn the lights on, no joke," I cried. It seemed like it was getting too dark.

"No," He responded. "I hate light." 

I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, a roar interrupted our little conversation and I felt myself stumbling back against the balcony. I heard myself scream in horror because I felt as if I was almost about to fall off the balcony.  Before I knew it, I felt a strong grip and arms around my petite waist as someone helped me up. 

"Calm down, it was only the lightning striking," I heard him breathe out. I quickly removed myself out of his grasp and backed away. "See, this is what I was talking about, anything can happen in the dark!" I shrilled. 

"What? You're also scared of lightning?" I heard him chuckle softly. 

"No... I am just-I just hate the rambling sound!" I protested, biting my lips. 

"Okay...sure," I heard the sarcasm in his voice, but whatever. I didn't care. And before I could even open my mouth to speak, I felt a drop of rain on my shoulders. "It's raining," I gasped. 

"So what? I dislike rain," He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes again. "You dislike everything." 

And before he could open his mouth again, "No, I don't-" another lightning stroke. 

I heard myself screaming and pushing him aside as I ran to find the balcony door. I struggled at first, but I finally managed to find it. As I exited and left him there alone, I could feel myself smiling. Why was I smiling? I really didn't know. 

But this was a different Harry that I just saw. He wasn't being dark or dangerous, he was being normal. The complete opposite of himself. I looked to see that my smile still hadn't faded away. Why did he make me smile?

A/N:

Yeah, pretty cliche and short, but whatever. 

Thanks for reading, if you liked it, don't forget to vote, share or comment! Thanks!

Oh and also, I just published a new book of mines called "Silver Lining," Please don't mind checking it out. It starrs Harry and Taylor Swift, so ye. 

Here's the description:

Two soulmates

one summer

and one crazy ride

___________________

Rich businessman's daughter, Alison Claire Levine, decides to go to a famous summer program in London one summer. In hopes of having fun with her two best friends, her hopes get ruined because she is faced with notorious bad boy, Harry Styles and his pranks and challenges.

Not only is it one competitive summer, but will there be a bit of romance along the way? 

Thanks for reading!