[Ally x James] Inferiority Complex

Chapter 13:

It was the day of the competition, but we still have to perform tomorrow for the group categories. James asked me out and I am here at the veranda of me and Charice's room.

She, too, had a date today. Alec-oppa was taking her out on a drive around the place. Oops, don't tell her. She doesn't know anything. Even Steff taking her out shopping is part of the plan. I was really happy for her. Someone like Alec-oppa is the one she needs. Some who would be willing to do simple things for her.

"... I wish it would... always be like this..." I whisper into the sun, slowly setting almost not obvious

*buzz

I grabbed my phone and smiled like a dork at the text that I received.

From: James
To the girl that I'll go on a date with later... My heart is for you. Here's proof P.S Bring a jacket. Its cold out. xo

I blushed and screamed into my pillow. I walked to the closet and started picking clothes out for the date. I chose a white long sleeve knit crop top, a pastel pink skater skirt, converse lows and tights.

I took a long shower and wore my outfit. I put light makeup on my face and I braided my hair to the side and decided to put a gray beanie on to finish the look. I sprayed some perfume on and grabbed my bag, walking out the door with my phone in hand.

The sun was still there, but the sky was turning a bit orangey in color now. It was a pretty nice day to have a date.

Walking to the cafe where James and I were supposed to meet was actually a 20-minute walk from the hotel. It was a good form of exercise, keeping me fit. But, I just like to look at the different things that I get to see when I walk by.

"Miss, have you seen my Mommy?" A little boy approaches me.

"Your Mommy?" I repeat, "I'm sorry. But, I didn't."

Then, he starts to cry.

"Please don't cry." I crouch to meet his eye level, "I'll help you find your Mommy."

"Yey!" The kid cheers.

"What's your name first?" I ask, taking his small hand in mine

"My name is Jason." He chirps.

"Well, what does your Mom look like?" I begin to walk

"She's really pretty and has long black hair and she has fair skin and a mole on her nose." He describes happily.

From: James
Where are you?

To: James
I'm helping a kid who got lost to find his Mom again.

From: James
Go here.

To: James
Ok.

I keep my phone in my pocket and lead Jason to the cafe James and I were supposed to meet at for our date.

"How old is he?" James asks, whispering

"How old are you Jason?" I ask

"I'm five!" He holds up five fingers

"He purposely approached you out of all people to ruin our date, didn't he?" James scowls

"Come on, he's a kid." I lightly nudge him on the shoulder, "There's no need to be jealous."

"James..." I say in a warning tone

"Ally..." He mimicks me, "I wanted to have a date with you. Y-O-U. Not with you and a kid."