Chapter 7

Why did Jeremy hate the Invincible Dog? Did they have a past? What possibly could've happened between them? I didn't believe the Invincible Dog was truly evil.

He looked almost identical to Jeremy, about a couple inches taller with a darker brown and white coat. But, Jeremy being about a year old and the Invincible Dog being a grown dog, they would probably look the same once Jeremy grew up.

I don't think anyone owned the Invincible Dog. I think he roamed wild.

I still remember Snooty Girl. She wasn't real eager to do anything about Jeremy's invincible opponent. Humph. Well, I guess not!

Sometimes I wondered if Jeremy and the Invincible Dog were related. I also wondered if the Invincible Dog had a real name. I'm tired of just calling him the Invincible Dog. Maybe he is called that so much that he has no need for a real name.

I see him multiple times, outside my house and even indoors. He enters my dreams and I see him when Billy walks Jeremy. Jeremy growls.

"Shush, we can't let Mom and Dad know you don't get along with other dogs!" I quarreled with Jeremy one afternoon.

"It's not all dogs, just the Invincible Dog!" Jeremy objected, pulling Billy the other direction. "Can't he leave us alone?"

I had to say, I was getting used to having the Invincible Dog near me. It didn't bother me. Maybe Jeremy should stop thinking of him negatively and start to get to know him.

But I can't help wondering why he's always there.