Chapter 6

"Hey, Jeremy," Billy walked up to Jeremy, who was sleeping on the soft fluffy rug outside Billy's bedroom.

"Yes?" Jeremy moaned.

"Who was that dog you were fighting with at the park?" My brother asked Jeremy.

Jeremy scratched behind his ears, grinning. "Ask your sister."

Jeremy's eyes shot at me, and Billy's eyes flew to my face expectantly.

I looked confused. "I don't-"

"You know plenty," Jeremy interrupted, flicking his tail. "I know you've seen the Invincible Dog before."

How did he know?

"You've been spying on me?" I hissed.

"I have no need to." He said calmly.

Billy shook his head. "You?" He asked. "Why you? I'm the dog person, so I should know about all this! Jeremy," he said, glancing at the brown and white dog, "why are you keeping secrets from me and telling her everything?"

He tells me about as much as a morsel of information!

"Aiyda has a great destiny," Jeremy stated.

"Have you been summoning the Invincible Dog to me?" I asked suspiciously.

Jeremy stretched his paws. "Nobody can summon a dog as great as the Invincible Dog. He's the greatest dog there is. You must be pretty gifted to meet him."

The words touched me, and I felt like I was standing in the light. But I pushed the feeling away. After all, I was being praised by a dog.

"You were fighting him?" I gasped. Jeremy would never have won!

"I thought Jeremy was the invincible dog!" Billy protested. "How come I don't know him? I'm the one who loves dogs!"

"Is the Invincible Dog bad?" I cowered.

"Yeah, why was he trying to exchange blows with you, Jeremy?" Billy agreed, forgetting about complaining.

"He's worse than ever!" Jeremy barked.

"B-but he saved my life!" I griped.

Jeremy and Billy both turned to stare.

"What?" Billy's eyes widened.

Billy didn't know half of what I had already gone through with the Invincible Dog.

I guess not even brilliant Jeremy could predict that I had almost died, and that I was saved by his worst enemy, in what he would consider a nightmare.