1

My name is Kaia. Kaia Lightmare. However, according to every single god damn person at my school, my last name is Nightmare. Heck, my nickname even turned to Nightcrawler at one point! Anyways, I love the night. Gore doesn't bother me. I have a habit of sitting on roofs and watching the stars. Because of my habit to barely ever sleep, and be fully energized the next day, I'm called an owl. Or a raccoon. But then there was a rumor spreading around that the reason I stayed up late is because I was writing signs of old, and talking to/summoning demons. That rumor ruined my social life, and my friends disappeared as if I threw them away. I was the "cursed kid" or the devil himself. Nobody cared about what I said. I stayed at the top of my class, and everyone accused me of cheating. I'm starting to act like I wasn't staying up late, and things changed a bit.

          "Heyyy Kai, could you help us on our project?" Alphonse asked with a bright smile. "After you guys left because of a dumb rumor? Heck to the no!" I replied. I should've said yes, but me being my stubborn, grudgey ass self, I snapped back at them. "They were right about you. You are wicked." Alex spat, then walked away with the group trailing behind. Everyone except Ashley, and unknown to me, Alphonse. "Alright, I don't need help with the project, I finished it an hour ago. I was the one who kept sending you the letters about something happening, the ones telling you." She said and looked at me, waiting for a response. "So you're the one that was telling me that a meteor shower is coming?" I asked. "Yes Kai, now rebuild your telescope and come on down to the hill, and we can look at it together again, like old times," Ashley said. "I stopped staying up and looking at the stars a while ago Ash, you should to, or they'll start calling you a freaky satanist demon as well. And please, my name is Kaia. Not Kai." I said, worried that my friend would suffer the same fate as me. "The Kai I know would grab this offer as if it was a warm piece of bacon. What happened?" Ashley asked. "I came to my senses. But, just once more, I'll think about watching the meteor shower. Think." I said, and walked away towards the exit. "Nightmare, Nightmare, what happened to your retched hair?" Someone taunted. "Nightcrawler" "Stupid" "Freak" "Monster" "Ew, get away from me!" "Haha! Look at it sulk!" The others said.

As I walked home, I passed my neighbor. "Hey Lightmare, this meteor shower is said to best be watched from a higher roof. You can sit on my house if you want." He said, and tipped his hat. "Thank you Mr. Ryan sir, I might just take you up on that," I say kindly and walk inside my own house. The living room greeted me with it's dark green couch, black recliner, black framed coffee table with the glass in the middle, and warm fireplace. I sat in the recliner, and sighed. "I'm not going to watch the meteor shower. Mr. Peterson is nice, but I won't bother him with my footsteps." I say to nobody, as if somebody was there. Ryan Peterson, my next door neighbor, was a very light sleeper with excellent hearing. Me walking on the roof would surely wake him. Besides, what's so important? I still stay up extremely late, even later then before. Now, I'd say I'm only getting about 30 minutes of sleep. I don't know how I function properly in the day, but I'm always awake. I tried going to sleep a bit earlier (1 hour) but then I heard it. Creaking footsteps down my hallway. A small scent of blood wafted into my room. The sickening sound of a knife dragging against wood. I think someone came to attack me...