Chapter 1

*Knock on the door* "You up Janet?" My dad asked through the bedroom door. I quickly open my eyes and check the time on my phone. The time said 7:48 am "Shit" I mumbled to myself. My alarm rang at 6:50 but I must have hit snooze too many time. I quickly jump out of bed and try to sound as alert as possible "Err yea dad i'm up. I'll be down in a minute" I say to him. I have to quickly put on my school uniform as school starts in about an hour and I cant be late for my first day in my new school. I quickly get dressed then go to the kitchen and get myself some cheerios. When I go sit down at the table, My younger brother Evan (But we all call him Mr) is also sitting there eating his cereal. He is looking dead smart in his freshly ironed uniform. "Morning mr" I said to him. "Morning" He said back to me sounding tired. I have a feeling he over slept as well. We start talking about starting in our new schools and how we both want to make some friends. It was my first year in secondary school And his second year in primary. At 8:30 our dad took us to school. I was dropped off first. My dad pulled up outside the school and we said our goodbyes. I got out of the car and walked into Saint Anne's Secondary School. It wasnt a big school. About 300 students in total. When I walked through the doors. There was a good few girls talking with friends and making new ones in the school hallway. I didnt know anyone as I had just moved to Cork from Dublin less than a month ago. I was also really bad at making friends. I didnt really have any in my old school. I walked to the end of the school hall as there wasnt many students there. I stood looking around at all the pictures of passed students on the wall. We had to stay in the hallway until some teachers came to us. Lots of other students arrived over the next few minutes. I didnt reconise anyone. Eventually a teacher turned up and talked to us about the school. The teacher then showed us around I decided to stand at the back of the line. In front of me there was a girl. She turned around and smiled at me and I smiled back. "Hi" She said to me. I stood there in shock. No one ever really talks to me in school. I wasnt sure what to say. "Err hi.." I said back to her. She then turned back. She probally thinks i'm a right weirdo. I said to myself. The rest of the day went quite quick and before I knew it. It was time to head home. My dad was parked outside the gate. It was raining so I quickly ran to the car. "How was school?" he asked me. "Fine" I replyed trying to fix up my messy browny, Blonde hair. "I think i'm gonna like it there" and with that he drived away playing his favourite songs from his favourite band The Beatles. He even started singing along. Which made me laugh as he really cant sing. But he keeps says he will join the x factor one day. I just tell him that he's so bad he wouldnt make to the auditions. And then we both laugh.

Hope you all enjoyed chapter 1. Chapter 2 coming soon.