-Chapter 2- Silas: News

*Buzz Buzz Buzz Buzz*
A smile spreads across my face. I jump out of bed and turn off my phone's alarm. Then I grab an outfit from my dresser and change in the bathroom; fixing my hair in the mirror.

Struggling to keep in my excitement, I stuff all my school stuff into my backpack until I can manage to zip it closed.

*Buzz*

New Message:
<3 Londyn <3

Meet me in the music room before first period? 😉

i sorta have somethin i need 2 talk 2 u bout...

Me too!! See you there.😘

         c u there
Delivered

With my smile in ruins I tell myself  today will be great! I convince myself. I put on my balloon of a backpack and head to the kitchen. Where my mom had apparently already prepared me a lunch, with a note. I put a couple pieces of bread in the toaster while I read her note.

Silas
Made you some lunch. Text me when you boys get to school! *I roll my eyes*
Have a great first day and I'll see you when you get home! -Mom

As I'm spreading the butter on my second piece of toast, my dad walks in.

"Hey bud! Ready for your first day?" My dad says with a grin, pouring a glass of milk.

"I'm glad to be back, so ready to get the school year done." I laugh abruptly whilst taking the first bite of my breakfast.

"So you signed up for the sports yet? I'm lookin forward to seeing some games." He looked at me expecting some sort of.. serious response.

"Yeah, I'm workin' on it. I'll go to the athletics office when we get to school." I look to the floor in annoyance; I really don't like doing sports. And yet my dad insists that I have to do them. I'm not actually gonna sign up, I'll just hope that he forgets. Even though I know that he won't.

"Ok. Need a ride? "

"No, Asher is coming to pick me up, just like last year." I smile assuming it was obvious.

"I thought you said you guys weren't doing that anymore. I don't like you hanging around him so much, don't need him.. influencing you." My dad glared at me.

"We've been friends forever Dad. He isn't gonna suddenly cause me to change. There's nothing wrong with him anyway!"

*DING*

"He's here. I'll see you later." In anger, I grab my backpack from beside the island and jog to the door. Upon opening the door, I first see a bandage wrapped around his arm, but I pretend not to notice and just give him a big hug closing the door behind me.

"Ash! It's been so long! How are you?" His hair always seemed to be the same. I don't know how he makes it perfect every time.

"I've been good! So busy actually. I'm glad we're going back to school. WOW, you are so tan!" It was hard for me to believe he had been busy considering how pale he was.

"I know, I've been in the sun so much! What happened to your arm?" I asked quickly. There was a moment of silence but then he mumbled something about thorns in a forest followed by an abrupt exhale which I assume was a laugh.

"Ok.. let's go." I say with a smile. Ash seemed quiet, it was like he was avoiding eye contact. He must be hiding something. Oh, who am I kidding?! I roll my eyes at the thought of him lying to me, of all people.

As we pull in, it all comes back. The stress of grades, football, and bo-, I have to tell Londyn. I can't keep it from her anymore. She loves me I'm sure it'll be fine, we could still be friends. Right? I don't know.

I hear the loud honk of the car locking as I open the school door for Asher. I'm flooded with that same weird building smell and background ambience of chatting students that fill the halls.

"I'll see you at lunch! I'm gonna go to my first period." Ash says looking back at me walking down the first hall.

"Bye!" I keep my eyes to the floor, avoiding any chance that I'd look at a guy in the wrong way. I try to relax but I know it's gonna take a bit to get back in the hang of acting normal.

I push open the door to the music room and arms are suddenly wrapped around my neck and I'm being kissed on the cheek. I smile.

"I missed you so much!" Now alone in the dark, empty music room, Londyn leans in to kiss me on the lips. But after a second or so, I pull away.

"I need to tell you something.. It's been bothering me a while and I ju-"

"Oh yeah!! We are going to our lake house this weekend and you can come!! I can't wait to spend some good time with you!" She says grabbing my face and kissing me again. Again, I pull away.

"Ok but first I nee-"

"And you know we just added a new loft inside above the workshop! So we could, you know, try something new." She stared straight into my eyes as if she were a lioness stalking her prey. After a moment of silence she went for yet another kiss but the bell interrupted her before she could make contact.

"We gotta get to class! We can't be late to our first class of the year!" She kissed me one last time and I kiss her back.

"Love you." She said walking away backwards with her sexy stare on full.

Fuck my life. I walk to class with clear disappointment across my face. I don't know how I'm gonna tell her now. But I don't think I can.. have sex... That would be more than awkward!

I take a deep breath before entering the room. It will be fine. "This will all be a joke later on." I think to myself. I open the door and take my seat in what happens to be the last available seat. Right next to the hottest boy I have ever seen. The bell rings, filling me with anxiety.