chapter 2

Chapter Two

Kai started the car and began to drive, as I tried to get a hold of myself. Thoughts were racing through my head so fast. I couldn't tell what was going on. Finally i came my senses and mustered up the courage to ask "Where are we going?" He paid no attention to me, just shrugged me off. I played with my hair nervously and stared out the window. "I think it's going to rain." I muttered, "Maybe." he answered back blatantly. We turned the corner and he stopped in front of a house. It was small and it looked ancient. The paint was chipping and the gate was broken. The grass was dead and there was a fallen tree on the lawn. There were two folding chairs on the porch and an overflowing ash tray. He got out of the car and opened my door, putting his hand out to help me exit. I slowly got out of the car and he pulled me to the house. He held the door open for me, I entered, he followed. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary. It was plain, but not bare. Furnished, but not extravigantly. He closed the door "Your staying here tonight." he told me. My eyes widened and i tried to decline "But i can't..what will my family say.." he cut me off "Tell them you're staying at a friend's house." I looked down in defeat and called them. As soon as I'd finished he pulled me to the couch and sat with me, cross-legged, upon his lap. His arms were wrapped around my chest and his face nuzzled in my neck. My face redened. I felt so warm and fuzzy inside was i dreaming? He nibbled on my ear. I tried to get up, but he held me down tightly. "Doesn't anyone else live here?" i asked frantically, "Parents? Siblings? Anyone?" He purred, "No. I live here alone." I began to relax and I gave in. Slowly, i let my eyes close and i drifted off to sleep.

-Chase