Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Chardé

After my little dream escapade this morning, I did my best to try to avoid the twins. My mission failed when the gym teachers decided to combine the girl's and boy's classes during fourth block and I was stuck with having to watch them play basketball while Chelsea and Tangy went on and on about how good their boyfriends looked with no shirts on.

I couldn't lie, I was in my own little trance staring at Maleek and Malachi, but I wasn't going to admit that to anyone, ever.

"Does Maleek and Malachi always get this competitive during games?" I asked.

Chelsea and Tangy looked at me crazy.

"Don't call them that! Everybody knows not to call them by their first names!" Chelsea warned.

I shrugged, I liked their first names better. They were much sexier.

"And we gotta get you out of this talking proper shit too. If you gone be hanging around us, you gotta talk like us, not them preppy folks you use to being round," Tangy added.

I rolled my eyes, "I can talk like you all if I wanted to."

Tangy snorted, "Give me your best."

I racked my mind for something to say, "Uh uh, don't do me boo, you know I can hang!" I said, imitating this girl from first block.

They both burst out laughing and I couldn't help but laugh too.

"We've got to do some work on you!" Chelsea said between laughs, "You staying at my house this weekend and we taking you to my girl, Sapohia, party this Friday to officially make you a part of the crew, because you need help!"

I was kind of up for some fun. I haven't really been out since moving here and I'm starting to think that Chelsea and Tangy are good people to hang out with.

"I'll have to ask my aunt, but okay," I replied.

"Ladieeeeees," Malachi said as he made his way up the stairs to us, "Care to join us for a game of basketball?" He asked; eyes lingering on me a little longer than needed.

"Now you know y'all ain't gone do nothing but beat us and brag about it like always," Chelsea said.

Malachi chuckled, "Ion really care who wins I just want to rub against y'all when I play defense, everybody except Tangy of course, we all know she got a dick..."

I smiled as Tangy smacked her lips and Chelsea laughed.

"Uh oh, I got her to smile! That means I'm winning right? What's your name love?" He asked me.

I debated on whether I should tell him or not. I mean, yesterday he was being a complete jerk along with his brother and now he wanted to know my name?

"Um, Chardé..."

He nodded, "Beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I'm Ra'Shaad by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Malachi..."

He raised his eyebrow and Chelsea and Tangy looked at me with wide eyes.

"Everybody calls me Shaad," he suggested.

"And I'm not everybody. I think Malachi is just fine."

He nodded and looked away, "So y'all playing or nah?"

"I guess we can come out here and give y'all a quick ass whooping'," Chelsea got up and started down the bleachers with Tangy in tow. I stood up, but Mal stood in front of me.