Missing

Growing up as children, we seek for fairy tales and magic but instead, we were told by others that it was just fantasy; and fantasy isn't real

But what if they were wrong?

Back when you were a little girl, you were so amazed with the movie, "The Wizard of Oz." You admired Dorothy for the long, eventful journey she had to go through all because she wanted to get back home to Kansas with Aunt Em. You couldn't even imagine ever being in her shoes, it seemed so unreal for something like to ever happen.

Most of your friends back in grade school, didn't see magic or fairy tales like the way you did. Fairy tales were able to provide comfort for you and help seal the loneliness in your life at the time. You would always bring in your copy of "The Wizard of Oz" in class, your teachers would constantly scold you to put your book away during their lessons. But, since you chose to take no one's shit, you ignored their commands. Although, Let's just say that you often got your book taken away quite often back when you were little.

As a teenager now, you grew up to become a young beautiful lady. Only being the age of 17, you felt as if you've been through a lot ever since your childhood.

When you were barely 5 years of age, your father passed away from leukemia. You had no siblings, so you were stuck all by yourself until now at least. Since your father's death, you've been living alone with your mother after all this time.

The two of you lived in Kansas, probably one of the most common places in America to get tornadoes more often than others. You hated it, you wanted nothing more than to move away and live in a more busy place, like Los Angeles for example. Now that place seemed more fun and surrounded instead of being surrounded by elders almost all the time.

It had been an overcast since you had woken. At first, it seemed as if you had woken up much earlier than usual, but you didn't.

You peeked through your curtains, being blinded by the small glint of the sun shining as it was trying to peep through. Although, you did love the dark cloudy days but sometimes, you wished for more sunlight. In a dark gloomy place like here, it deserves some light.

As you were looking up at the sky, you noticed the various shades of grey up above. Despite the little glint of sunlight, it was as dark as pre-dawn.

You sighed deeply, knowing another stormy day was probably on its way. It seemed as if somehow, the weather always described how you felt.

It was currently a typical wednesday morning, you were in the middle of getting yourself ready for school. While brushing your hair, your mother came into your room.

"Have you seen my flat iron? I could've swore I left it in my room."

You rolled your eyes, "Check bathroom sink." You mumbled.

Once your mother left your room and went into the bathroom, within a second later she found her flat iron. "Found it!" She said excitedly.

What would your mother do in life without you? That question never leaves your mind on a daily basis.

After about a few minutes later, you finished getting yourself ready. You grabbed a few of your things you left on the kitchen table and placed them back into your backpack.

"Alright mom, I'm heading out to school!" You yelled out, knowing your mother was probably too busy to notice you leaving.

Surprisingly, she replied back a second later. "Okay sweetie, have a good day!"

"Bye, Lola." You waved down at your cat, all Lola did in response was lie down and meowed back at you as if she was saying goodbye to you as well.

Sadly, Lola was the only company you had in your house hold besides your mother. As mentioned before, it got quite boring for you as an only child.

Right before you left, you grabbed along your umbrella and stuck it into the side of your backpack, hoping it wouldn't fall out.

While making your way over to school in your bike, your mind kept drifting off for some reason. Normally, it never usually does this until today. Why did today seem so different compared to the others? You didn't have an interesting or fun life so, why the crazy thoughts all of a sudden?

Once you got to school and locked your bike to the side, you kept looking back, feeling as if someone was watching you. You ignored the feeling by shrugging your shoulders, continuing to walk to your first class of the day.

As you were about to enter your school building, the strong wind caught you off guard as a paper was sharply thrown against your face. You sighed, immediately taking the paper off of your face.

Before you were about to crumble it up to pieces, you read what was said on the paper, squinting your eyes to read it more properly.

"Missing: Peter Benjamin Parker.
Last seen; May 6, 2014."

(Author's Note: say hello to a new series I wrote! I cannot wait to show you all how it's going to go, Peter won't make an appearance until either the third part. Hope you enjoy!)