Chapter Three: First Attack

"Stay back." I said upon seeing the man. I don't know why did I even said that. I don't have any proof that will prove that this man will be harmful for us.

Leslie's hands are still bleeding. The man is groaning and suddenly it ran towards us. Leslie shot him consecutively. After a while, it stood up.

A normal person would never stand up after being shot. This man is really not a human at all. It ran again and tried to attack Leslie with its mouth open. Leslie shot him again and caused him to fly backwards.

" What was that?" Said General Frost. Everybody is confused.

" I dont know, but that shit bit my hand" It's too quite. Something is not right.

"Where are we Justin?" The general asked. The others are just looking around, waiting for something to happen.

"We're on the specimen's room sir. Core Room is two levels above." Justin said as he looked at General Frost.

" We need to go now." General Frost was about to leave but I stopped him using my hand.

" Why Cosette?"

" Sssh. Listen. " Everybody kept quite. The sound remained. Confused faces showed. That sound is strange. It's like a metal being carried by a person. Then followed by many slow footsteps Everything is not right. After a few seconds..

"Prepare to shoot!" We were surrounded by many dead people. Dead people brought to life. Bloody zombies surronded us.

The zombies were the workers on this laboratory. Their clothes told so. There's a man wearing a lab coat, a woman wearing an office attire and there's the man, in a janitor clothes, holding an axe. Maybe that's the thing who produced the sound a while ago.

The zombies attacked us. Their mouth were wide-opened and ready to bite us. I remained at the back of General Frost while they were shooting the other zombies. The problems is we were running out of bullets but the zombies were still outnumbering us. Even if we shoot them, they kept on standing and walking towards us again.

I raised the gun I'm holding and pulled the trigger. A loud bang was heard and the blood from the zombie scattered in the floor. I was preparing for it to stand again but it never did. I hit him in the head.

"You gotta shoot 'em in the head!" The others followed my instructions and they shot the other zombies at the head. At last, some zombies were killed and will never come back again but still, many were attacking us.

We were waiting for Harold. He was assigned to hack the system and make the elevator near us open. It was our only chance to escape.

I saw Dr. Salvatore being attacked by zombies. He's fighting even though he's hands were tied off. He kept on kicking just to get away with the zombies but it's not enough to kill them. I snatched the key from Harold. I walked towards Dr. Salvatore and shot every zombie that will block my way. I saw a zombie ready to bite him. I immediately shoot it and gave the key to Dr. Salvatore.

He's safe, for now.

"It's open!" Harold said. We ran onto the elevator but we stepped back when it opened. Many zombies were occupying the elevator. It's too late for Harold. He's standing at the opening of the elevator and the zombies grabbed him. Leslie tried to save him but we immediately pulled her back. We can't afford any further to lose another one.

We saw a secret passage next to the elevator and it's safe. Everybody went there and rested for a while.

" Is anybody hurt?" said General Frost. We looked at each other and saw Leslie crying. Harold must have been important to her. When she noticed us looking at her, she instantly wiped her tears and said, " It's just a bite. I'm fine"