BRIDGE

[ A/N ~ I wrote this instead of paying attention in maths. I was also not in a good mood so this came out of it. SORRY and DAN WITH HIS NAILS PAINTED. that is all.]

WORDS: around 890 (it's short soz)

WARNINGS: MENTIONS OF SELFHARM, SUICIDE, AND BRIDGES... lol soz

The boy sat, feet dangling over the edge of a bridge. Under him his fate was decided within the rushing water and sharp, jagged rocks. He hesitated to jump, and wondered, will people miss him? Would anybody care at all? The boy began to cry. Why was his life so hard? Why was it /always/ hm?

"Why me." He said out loud, beginning to sob, big ugly sobs.

"Who cares, nobody's going to hear me." He thought. It was 5 am so he had a point.

At that exact moment he heard a mans voice.

"HEY! Don't do it!" They said.

"No." He whispered in despair. He'd waited too long.

"Please don't!" Said the voice again, a lot closer than before.

The man sounded genuine.

"Why should I stay. Its not worth it."

"Oh, it's worth it trust me please." The man said desperately.

"No I'm ready. I h-have to." He whispered.

"Give me one chance, for a few minutes, maybe an hour and I can convince you to stay."

"Yeah sure like your words could make me stay." The boy spat.

"Pleeeeeeeeeeease?"

"Fine."

The man smiled triumphantly, and said, "What's your name?"

"Dan. Daniel James Howell. Not that anybody cares."

"I do. I'm Phil. Philip Michael Lester." Phil smiled. His eyes glimmered in the darkness. They were most beautiful shade of blue. Or green. Maybe yellow, Dan thought they were amazing. [whispers phil]

"Why do you even care if I jump? I'm just some 18 year old on a bridge at 5 am hating life." Dan said looking down. Phil had settled next to Dan on the edge and was eyeing Dan cautiously.

"Because human life is valuable and important. Even yours and I could just let you jump now could I." he chuckled.

Clearing his throat to dismiss the awkward moment, he said, "So Dan, if you don't mind me asking, why were you going to jump?"