Puerile Chapter 3

By the time we had gotten to Venezuela's Kenya was dozing off again. I decided to be sure he was even there before I started something and woke her up. I mumbled under my breath. I walked to the front door, I was half asleep myself. Dozing off i knocked on the door quietly trying to be sure Kenya wouldnt hear from inside the car. While i waited i asked myself why i just came the entire way to Venezuela for a kid i just allowed into my house and i dont even know. Lucky for me, Venezuela wasent home. I jumped back into the car, relieved i woudnt have to talk to him. It was sunrise before Kenya woke up. I had already drove home and put her on the couch to sleep.

 I was outside when she woke up, but it took her less then a minute to find me. When she came outside she was holding a box of raisins, im guessing she pulled from my cupboard. I was sitting on the porch, as the door opened i whipped my head over and starred at her, she  was looking at the stairs, and sat down beside me. Ignoring the fact i was staring at her as if i was probably about to kill her. She just popped open the box of raisins, stared at it for a minute then handed me one smiling.

 Kenya spoke in a childish tone, but it sounded mature. "Want one? I don't think im gonna eat all of em..." hesitantly i took it from her and ate it. I stuttered a bit before choking out " T-Thanks...I'm sorry that we didnt get to see Venezuela last night...he wasent home." Kenya looked like she was ignoring me, but she spoke up happily "Mhm! i know!" I flinched a little surprised she wasent upset..Most kids would have broken down in tears or pouted about not getting what they wanted, or not seeing what they wanted to see..or even not being able to do what they wanted to do.

Kenya ate a raisin and then looked at me again "Hey, i dont know you very well..so can we play a game?" I scoffed a bit more harsh sounding then i meant it to. "Thats a bit of an odd mixture of things to say..Why play a game with someone you dont know..that just seems stupid.." Kenya took no offence and smiled again looking at the box of raisins " Well, i asked you a question, then you ask me one! we can find out stuff about each other then! Ill ask first!...hmm..Do you like raisins?" Though this seemed like something ti would have already answered i sighed " No, i prefer grapes..not the dehydrated one. So now i ask a question? Ok...well Where did Iraq find you?"

 Kenya thought for a minute and shrugged "I dunno..i dont really remember.." I grumbled..that didnt teach me anything about her past..it was difficult to believe he would have just taken in any little girl. Kenya smiled and blurted "What's your favorite game?" I grumbled "Does traning count as a game..because that's all i ever really do."Kenya shook her head "No! like Hide and seek, or Tag. oh my favorite game is Freeze tag! Iraq actually played it with me. He said it would be good for running! He said i was really good at the game! He did!"

I smirked a little " No lie? he complimented you?" Kenya stood up and jumped up and down "Yea! he said i was good! And when we played a fighting game i almost won! honest!" I flinched a bit seeing how excited she got over it. But it was a bit wierd that he would compliment someone. He hasent complimented anyone in over 5 years from what i knew. for a minute i just watched her, confused on why she would get so excited over being complimented on running. I hissed under my breath "she's gonnna be a freaking Italian...running away all the time..gross.." Kenya must not have heard me, or not known what an Italian was. becase she kept on with her happy dancing and squealing...