Chapter 9

I wake up and look around. I see that I'm still in the Jesse's basement and I'm bleeding the hell out of my body. I sigh and look at the basement more upstairs. I look at my wrist that are wrapped around with rope. I try to move out of the bondages but fail. I need to get out of here, soon. I'm gonna die if I don't get help. I look at the knots and smile a little. I've done my time with untying knots. I start to mess around with the knots to get the loose and start to wriggle my wrists out of them. I hear the basement door open and someone walking downstairs. "Hello Megan," Jesse says holding a knife and swirling it around her fingers. I roll my eyes and look away. "How are you feeling?" she asks running the knife around my neck and hair. "I'm feeling like shit!" I say spitting at her feet. She slaps me, "You are such a disgrace." I  groaned and wince.

  "What if you get caught, huh?" I ask looking at her and moving my hands slyly so that I can loosen the ties enough so I can move them out. "Oh well," she says cutting my wrists again. "I'm just gonna find a way to find you again." I wince and close my eyes. "Stop doing this or you will get hurt, too." I look at her angrily and take out my hands from the bondages and remove the knife out of her hands and hold it up against her neck. "You can't under estimate me, Jesse," I say threatening her more by inching the knife a little closer to her neck. "You better let me go or I'll-" I scream and fall to the floor. "But you forgot one thing, Megan," she says picking me up. "You still need your legs to heal."

I look at Jesse and wince as my legs start to spasm. "Oh, you don't have your medication," she says tying me back onto the chair and making the knots slightly tighter. What she doesn't know that I have trick to get out of these ties. "You have to suffer more." She gets up and stabs me in the same place making me scream. She pulls it out slowly making it hurt more. Once she takes it out, she goes back upstairs and closes the door. "When is this going to be over?" I ask myself. I wriggle myself out of the ties. "She is so weak at tying knots," I say getting out and stretching a little.

I walk upstairs to the door and peek through the crack of the door. I sneak through the hallway and out the door. I look around at the neighborhood. She doesn't live far from my house. I recognize the streets and start running away from her house before she see me. I run to the nearest bus stop. I start to feel dizzy and holding my stab wound. I brace myself against one of the street light poles and groan. Someone walk up to me asks me if I'm okay. That's all I remember.

I wake up slowly in a white room with beeping sounds. I know that I'm in a hospital room. I open my eyes and rub them. "Omigod, Megan you're awake," I hear Josh say and holding my hands. "Thank God," I hear Zack say. I look at them and smile. "A-At least you both are fine," I say a as loud as I can even though I sound so quiet, "T-That's all that matters." They both chuckle and look at me with so much care. "J-Jesse needs to be arrested," I say breathlessly. "We know, we sent the police to her house," Zack says. "Now you can be at ease for a while." I nod and sigh. "Just thank God you are alright."

The next morning, I'm feeling a little better trying to move just a little to position myself. I look over at my sleep boyfriend and friend. I see that Zack wakes up and he smiles. "How are you doing?" he asks looking at me and getting up. "I'm doing better," I say smiling and looking at him. "I'm sorry that she did this to you," he says standing near my bed. "She must've been jealous because of our friendship." I nod and grab the remote. I turn on the news and see that Jesse has been arrested and taken into custody." I sigh and relax. "I hope she doesn't get out," Zack says. "Me too," I say groaning. "I'll wake up Josh," he says leaning over Josh. "No, let him sleep, he must've had such a terrible night, and you, too," I say looking at Josh lovingly. "Hey, after we get out of here," Zack starts, "Can we do what we used to do? Just being friends and not worrying about stuff?" I nod and smile. "And now, I don't have to worry about what happens to Josh, you, or me."

After a few weeks of recovery, we all head back to my house. We make sure that all the doors and windows are closed and locked. We also install an alarm and put on a code. Now we are sitting in the kitchen and hanging out with each other. "Hey, Josh," I say drinking some water and my medicine, "Are you okay with Zack an me walking hanging out for a while?" He nods and smiles. "I'm fine with it baby," he says kissing my cheek. He turns to face Zack and eyes him, "You better keep her safe, got that bud?" He nods and salutes him playfully. "Yes sir," he says hugging me softly. I smile and laugh. I'm so glad to have these guys in my life.

School starts tomorrow because it's Monday. Today Zack takes me to an archery range and I smile. "You are really a surprise aren't you," I say smiling and look at everything. "This is where we used to practice and mess around," Zack says looking at me and hugging me from behind. I blush and smile. "Want to have some fun?" I ask grabbing the old bow I used to mess with that I donated. "Um, we won't be using those," he says. I turn aroudn and see him carrying to new bows. I gasp and hug him. "Thank you so much," I say grabbing the one on the left. "It fits perfectly." "I'll go get the arrows. Consider this a get well present." I smile as he walks back out to get the arrows.

  Few ends in, we start having fun like playing tic-tac-toe. "Stop beating me," I say looking at him while pulling out the arrows. "Stop losing then," he laughs as he pulls his arrows. We walk back and shoving each other playfully. As we get back to the seats, he holds my shoulder and turns me around. "Hey, again I'm sorry for all these things that happened to you," he says looking down. "Don't say sorry," I say making him look up at me. "Why not?" he asks packing out stuff up. "Because you didn't do anything the cause any of this," I reply opening hte door and letting him walk through then me. "Now let's go home."