Horrible Satisfaction

My name is Ella. I am at my best friend's funeral. She, Amanda Jameson, committed suicide. Not because of me but because of her. I had to keep repeating the facts so I wouldn't go completely insane.

After the funeral, I moped around the rest of the day. It was Sunday. Me and Amanda used to go to the mall and movies every Sunday. I only acted as I felt. I miss her.

That night I had a dream sleep. And as I awake, it is Monday. I walked the halls sadly. I cannot believe everyone is so happy. They I have no idea. I saw Sammie in the halls and almost lost it.

"What do you think you're looking at, idiot?"

I fought the urge to reply with: murderer.

Sammie killed Amanda. Sammie's constant tormenting forced Amanda into death. And yet Sammie goes unpunished. I wonder if she even feels.

I went through the rest of my day. Though I don't remember much. I filled my memory with angry thoughts of Sammie.

I didn't exactly know why or what I was doing all day. I only came out of my angry daze when I realized I had walked to Sammy's house after school. On the way here, I had taken my camp pocket knife out of my back pack. I had meant to put it away when I got home. I played it in my pocket.

I stood at the front door for a long time, back in some sort of angry daze. I felt myself ring the doorbell. No cars were in the driveway except Sammie's. She was alone.

Sammie answers and I opened my knife in my pocket. "What do you want, dork?" was the last thing she said. I swiftly stabbed her in the heart.

I pulled the body in and closed the door. I stared down at her in disbelief. I had killed someone. I couldn't think straight. In the effort to get rid of all evidence, i crammed her body into the fireplace. I cleaned up the mess the deed had made.

I left in a rush. I went home to cry.

The next day i saw her friends, confused without Sammie. It only reminded me of what horrible thing i did. But yet it gave me great satisfaction. I pushed the feeling back.