Chapter Three: Encantador ♡

FRIDAY NIGHT: 7:31 P.M

GOING ON DATES ISN'T SOMETHING Louis is used to since he and his partners usually skip the pleasantries and go straight to sex; although, it doesn't seem like sex is something Harry is necessarily after. In fact, the guy seems genuinely sweet, and that is what scares Louis the most.

Just in case, Louis makes sure to bring a gun, which fits snugly under the strap of his underwear's waistband. Since he's so used to having it in the same spot, there is a gun print forming on his skin, though he pays no attention to it as he walks into the restaurant with his head held high. His face holds no expression, and he slowly takes off his shades to carefully place them in its holster (located on Louis' hip) as if he's starring in a high-end movie.

Perfection is what Louis knows he appears to be as the woman behind the desk stares at him, mouth agape without shame. With Khadi's help, Louis is able to look dashing in just a simple white button-up, black blazer, and fitted black pants. He doesn't understand why his getup has to be so posh for something as flimsy as a date, but he supposes it's respectful in some way.

"Harry Styles?" Louis asks the worker expectantly. It takes a few seconds for the woman to actually comply since she was so keen on staring, but she eventually nods her head and gestured for Louis to follow her.

She leads him to a table near a giant window, which exposes the lit-up street and rapid movement of cars, near the back of the restaurant where Harry sits, a menu held up in front of his face. When Louis takes a seat across from Harry is when the woman scurries away, her cheeks bright red even though she didn't say anything remotely embarrassing.

The sound catches Harry's attention, and his eyes rise so that he can look at Louis, who doesn't even seem like he's blinking.

"¿Te has perdido? Porque el cielo está bien lejos de aquí? (Are you lost? Because heaven is a long way from here.) Did I say that correctly?" Harry asks curiously, causing Louis to stare at him with a raised eyebrow.

"What exactly were you trying to tell me?"

"Some guy told me that it was a pickup line to call you an angel." Louis snorts at Harry's response. "What? Did he lie?"

"Oh, no es nada (Oh, it's nothing)." Louis replies with a wave of his hand. "So what are the plans of the night? To chat, eat, then have sex? Is this a lead-up to nightly activities?"

Harry is the color of tomato by the time Louis finishes, and he hurriedly shakes his head and sets his menu down. "I–no, not exactly? I wanted to take you out to learn more about you. I mean, if it leads to sex, not that I am expecting anything else but this date from you, then it leads to sex, but I don't—" Harry stops to take a breath. "I just want to get to know you, Louis."

What Harry says makes Louis almost smile, but he prevents it from showing by biting his lip and looking down at his menu. He shouldn't allow himself to be swayed so easily when he can easily be let down, so he clears his throat and simply replies with, "Gracias (Thank you)."

"So, what do you do for a living?" Harry inquires with interest, and Louis tries hard not to freeze up - he really does - but his fingers can't help but twitch a little at the question. "I'm sorry, is that a topic we should just avoid altogether?"