Let The Flames Begin.

Everything died down once Yukio took the class to the training rooms.

All the curious teenagers looked around with wide eyes, studying the large area. All except Rin of course, seeing as he'd been here before multiple times when Shura made him practice with candles. He thought it was amusing when he heard someone in the back whisper: "Is that a batting cage?" Not to mention he thought the look on Yamiko's face was pretty unique too.

Yukio told the students to wait as he set up a training dummy to test the charms on a few meters away from the crowd of students. Rin and Bon had another mini argument, in which both Shiemi and Yamiko told them to stop their petty quarrel.

After a moment, Yukio returned to his class. "Everything's set up. If the charm's work the way you said they should, then they should act against the dummy as if it were a demon. Go ahead whenever you're ready." He said then stepped to the side.

Rin and Yamiko dug into their folder and pulled out the charms. "Want to go first?" Rin asked Yamiko. She shook her head.

"No, it's okay, you go. Here, use the holy dagger first." Yamiko handed Rin the purple rectangle then nudged him forward.

Rin stumbled forward with the charm in his hands. He took a deep breath. "Please," He thought to himself, "Please work." He winded his hand back behind his head, clenching the card between his thumb and finger. With a step forward, he threw the card with all his might forward.

"Fwap"

The card flew straight down into the pavement.

"Bwahahahaha!" Laughter erupted from the other students as they knelt over and held their stomachs. I mean, after a pathetic throw like that, who wouldn't laugh?

"S-Shut up!" Rin yelled back at them. He picked the card up at threw it again, watching it drive straight to the floor again. He threw it again and again, each time failing miserably. "What the hell?! Why won't it work!?" Rin yelled while raising the card behind his head once more. He got a shock when the card was suddenly swiped out of his grasp. He watched Yamiko step forward and raise the card across her chest, throwing it horizontally with her index and middle finger. The card flew from her hand and zipped through the air.

"CHHWOM!"

A small explosion of silver smoke uncased the dummy. Everyone stared wide-eyed at the smoke in awe. Yamiko even heard a small "holy shit" come from the background. As the smoke cleared, a silver dagger was deeply embedded into the wooden dummy.

Yamiko and Rin stood completely still, their jaws dropped. After a moment of realization, they both looked at each other with stupidly wide smiles. "It worked!" Yelled Rin. "Yes!" Responded Yamiko. They both jumped up and down together in excitement. Yamiko was especially happy. She worked her ass off in those two days, and it all paid off. The sense of euphoria that bubbled inside her felt amazing. The only time she could remember feeling this happy was when she first laid eyes on Assiah.