October 2016

This is the October 2016 Marvel Imagines Contest.

THIS MONTH'S THEME:

Trick-or-Treating

Create your very own imagine featuring anyone in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)!

This month, we want entries that illustrate any Marvel Character and the reader doing something in fall. IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE TRICK OR TREATING!

Winners will be announced in November 2016.

Keep in mind the following:

~ Don't write smut/lemons

~ Make sure it is at least 500 words (we might count) and can be up to 2,000

~ Must be published in October

~ Has to be reader insert (Y/N)

~ The deadline to turn in entries is October 31st, 2016

You will be judged on the following:

•Originality
-Here at ImagineInspireMarvel, we're all about promoting amazing but unknown authors. We want people to realize how creative others are, outside of the ones that are already popular. We want people to realize that it's okay to try something out of your comfort zone, and to put your ideas out there. This particular story does not have to be trick-or-treating, but can be a generic fall imagine.

•Cover
-Whether it's the cover of your entire Imagines book or the cover of a single One-Shot, your cover is very important. A bad cover might make potential readers think the story is poorly written. A good cover might just lure them in. If you need help making a cover, or need some suggestions with some apps, just ask any one of the Admins on our Profile Page.

•Descriptiveness
-A well-written story is always very descriptive. The very first sentence of your story can mean people are hooked on, or they decide a story isn't worthwhile.

•Author's Reputation
-We want the IIM to be a safe place for everybody, even those that aren't Marvel Fans. If you have a reputation of flaming, being rude, or harshly criticizing the works of other people, good or bad, then you probably shouldn't join this contest.

•Reader's Opinion
-Your readers let us know if the majority of the Marvel fans like your book. It allows us to look into your story more. For example, if neither of the judges like the story, but all your readers say they want more, then we'll give your story a second thought.

To Enter:

You may send in the one-shot by creating a book for it and tagging it #IIMContests and dedicating it to @ImagineInspireMarvel OR you can send it in by PMing the story. It does not have to be an entirely new book; you can tag us in the comments or edit your book.

To ensure we have received your story, please comment on this chapter with your book name, and the chapter name in which your entry is written.

Prizes:

1st Place:
~ Spot in the Hall of Fame/Contest Winners

~ Dedicated Imagine of your choice

~ Cover/Banner/Edit

Now carry on, you Marvel(ous) writers, and make some imagines!