chapter1

"Mom! Mom!" I hear chris yelling. He sees me sitting on the couch watching a movie.
"Rosey where's mom at?" He asked. "Chris she went out with dad for the night, what's wrong?" I asked him.
"I'm not sure how these numbers on my wrist work but mine got knocked down 3 years." he said frowning.
"Chris it means your meeting your soul mate in 12 years instead of 15. Does that help a bit?" I asked him.
"No!" He yelled.
"Look chris my wrist says 3 years 2 days 7 hours 34 minutes and 27 seconds until I meet my soulmate. We don't know who we'll meet and where we'll meet. It's kinda like a blind date but this lasts forever. Does that make more sense?"
"Yeah I guess it kinda does." He sighed. "Why is mine longer than yours?"
"Well chris I'm older than you so mine will come sooner than yours."
He gave me a sad look and walked over to his room.
"Chris." I yelled. He gave me no response which worried me. I ran upstairs and walked in to see him laying down staring at the ceiling. I guess he must be thinking.
"Chris I'll tell you what. Quit over thinking and I'll take you out for some ice cream."
Chris smiled and jumped off the bed. "Really Rosey you'll take me out?" He chirped.
"Of course, just out your shoes and jacket on."
He ran to his closet faster than I've ever seen him go and he was ready within a minute. "Ready buddy?" I asked. "Yes!" He said in a cheerful voice. "Well out the apartment we go."
On the walk to the ice cream shop was colder than I thought. Chris kept on complaining. "Rosey why is it so cold?" "I dunno." I responded. He didn't seem satisfied with my answer but stayed quiet on the rest of the walk.
We finally walked in the ice cream shop, it felt like hours since we left the apartment.
We sat down at a booth in a corner. "Why did we sit here?" Chris asked. "Well because it's the warmest spot in the whole shop kiddo." At that a waiter came and took our orders.
As we were walking out i seen this cute little girl walking in I asked Chris in a teasing voice, "You think that's your soulmate bud?" He scowled the rest of the way home. "Damn you can never take a joke." I muttered.
As we waited for the elevator chris asked me, "You really think she can be my soulmate?" I looked at him dumbfounded. "I thought you were mad at me." He said, "At first I was but then I put some actual thought into it. So what do you think, can she really be my soul mate?" "I dunno, you won't know until the time comes so don't worry and plus your 10 you shouldn't be worrying about this." "You're right Rosey." And with that we walked into the apartment. "Mom will be home in a few hours so go get ready for bed." "But it's only 10." He complained. "Exactly you were supposed to be in bed a hour ago, so go get ready before we both get grounded." With that he went to the bathroom and got ready. I layed there until I heard a knock on the door. I got up to see who it was and no surprise it was mom and dad. "Why didn't you use your keys you almost gave me a heart attack." I complained. "Well that would be one less kid." Dad teased with a smirk.
"Whatever I'm going to bed and Chris time went down 3 years." Mom smiled and said, "My baby boys growing up." At that I walked into my room and changed. After the talk with Chris really had me thinking. I wonder who my soul mate will be. But like I told Chris I shouldn't worry because I won't find out who will be for another 2 years.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the first time I'm making a book, so please don't judge. Excuse the errors I've made its 12 in the morning and I don't feel like going over it. Hope you like it :) the pic is Rosey.