Chapter 7: Strange Things

Not even the warm and thick blanket that they put over her shoulders could stop Catori from shaking. And she was still shaking after Parrish put his jacket over her too. It wasn't a cold shudder, it was a fright one.

The fact that she knew her attacker made it all more disturbing.

"Are you sure you don't want me to call your mother? She should know what happened to you" Parrish startled the girl even though he tried to announce himself as he approached her again.

But Catori tried to hide that detail and glanced at him gravely.

"I'll be fine, she doesn't have to know" The last thing she wanted was for her mom to find out her daughter was attacked and go into panic mode after what happened just a few days ago at the museum.

"Well, everything is going to be alright" Parrish observed her with kind eyes and showed her a soft comforting smile. "Okay? We will find him"

Catori didn't want to say anything about a werewolf attacking her just in case, even if Sheriff Stilinski apparently was aware of the existence of supernatural creatures. So instead she told everyone she didn't see her attacker, blaming it on the shock and fear.

"Yeah" She replied simply, nodding her head.

"Good, try to relax" Very briefly, he friendly rubbed her arm. "And call me if you need anything"

Again, Catori nodded. Finally, Parrish turned around and proceeded to go back to his desk. That way, she felt safe enough to let out a huge breath that had been stuck in her chest the whole time.

In that exact moment, Stiles barged in hurriedly and ran to his dad's office, not even glancing at her. Scott walked in after him, but he noticed Catori and immediately walked over to her.

"You okay?" He worriedly urged the girl, sitting next to her and restlessly fixing his warm brown eyes over her pale face.

Catori felt too shaken up to reply, afraid that her voice would crack and break her apparent strong and stubborn demeanor, so she just nodded.

She saw how he still frowned in concern and was thinking of a way to show him she was okay –even if she wasn't really feeling too safe or okay at all in that moment –when something cut her line of thought.

The girl visibly jumped in fear as a loud voice exclaimed something from the other room.

"They're killing those girls! To death!" Of course, it was Stiles.

Still very scared and trying to find some comfort in her new friend Scott, Catori glanced at him.

"Is he talking about the missing girls?" As she had imagined, her voice came out weak and terrified.

Feeling terrible and hating to see her like that, Scott internally swore his best friend and actually threw an annoyed glare to the room even if Stiles couldn't see him.

"Yeah..." He replied reluctantly, not really wanting to lie, but still trying to soften it for her. "After a few days they just... appear"

A frightening thought arrived to her mind.

What if they, whoever they were, were targeting girls? What if she was another one of their targets? What if werewolves were implied on that too? George was definitely a werewolf when he attacked her.

Catori had to take a deep breath as she felt slightly dizzy all of a sudden.

"Sheriff Stilinski is working on it, and we're trying to help him" Scott noticed her unwell, because he was obviously trying to soothe her strife.