$2.00

TWO |SECRET TO LIFE

Riley Matthews knew that things were not going to be the same from the minute she met James

Riley Matthews knew that things were not going to be the same from the minute she met James. She knew shouldn't push Farkle on the subject of his sister.

But Riley being Riley assumed that there had to be some reason for Farkle to have never have mentioned the girl.

A week later, she found out about Lucas and his past. She was upset that Lucas had kept this from her and sad that he hadn't trusted her enough to have shared this with her.

Then she found out that her father had kept this from her as well. She didn't like this one bit and she had many questions left unanswered but she did know was that all this started when James arrived.

 She didn't like this one bit and she had many questions left unanswered but she did know was that all this started when James arrived

Lucas Friar was looking for some peace and quiet. He ended up at the library where he found himself sitting on the floor surrounded by piles of books.

It was there that Lucas was finally able to reflect on what had happened. He was lost and didn't know what to do, the girl he liked had just found out about his past. Which was something he was not proud of.

When he first moved to New York he was happy to be given a chance to start fresh. He had hoped that by starting over people wouldn't be able to judge him based off of the mistakes he had made in the past.

He had sighed in defeat and let his head fall into his hands as he didn't know what to do about his situation.

"Umm, excuse me. Are you ok?" he heard a soft feminine voice ask.

Lucas didn't look up feeling embarrassed, he cleared his throat and quickly said "Uh, yes thank you"

The voice let out a small huff and then said "I'm sorry but I don't believe you"

He looked up from his hands to see a beautiful blonde who looked around his age. The girl placed the stack of books she was carrying down and then proceeded to sit next him on the ground.

"I don't think I'll be able to leave until you tell me what's bothering you" she insisted. This made Lucas laugh and given in.

So Lucas talked and James listened. It was odd to Lucas how easily he could open up to this stranger. The two talked about Lucas's situation and about each other's life.

"So she then found out that I'm a year older because I was held back a year" he explained to the girl next to him.

"Ok I'm not seeing the problem. I don't think being held back is something to be ashamed about. I was held back too, but so what? We all face problems and make mistakes, but isn't that what makes us human?"

James had spoke to Lucas truthfully and hoped that her advice would help him and bring him some comfort.

"I say that you go and talk to this girl and if she can't except you for who you are, you don't need her"

Lucas had really appreciated the girl and her advice "You make things seem so easy" he chuckled.

"It is!" She laughed along with him. "You just have to go and straighten things. Go explain how you aren't that guy anymore"

James looked down at her watch and saw the time. She sighed and said "Well it looks like I should get going Mr.Friar."

"I still think it's unfair that you know my name and I don't get know yours" Lucas told the girl with a smirk.

"You should know by now that life isn't fair Mr. Friar" James told him. The boy laughed at her as she smoothed out her skirt and picked up her books.

He watched as she left and how she turned back as she was exiting the building to yell "It's Jameson by the way."

This resulted in her being shushed by the librarian. Lucas knew that this girl was different and he couldn't stop smiling at the thought of her.