My OC: Elle

Alright! Backstory time!!

Princess Elora

Elora Gold was to be the heir to the throne of the underwater Kingdom, Maris' (pronounced Muh-ree) but when she was born the King was less than impressed. She wasn't fit to be queen looking the way she did. (All royals had beautiful golden scales and long, flowing hair of gold) she was an abomination in his eyes. The Queen, however, loved her new daughter just as she would any other and was appalled by his behaviour. The King had ordered the guards to kidnap the girl and dispose of her immediately. The Queen overheard his plans and made plans of her own. Disguised in a seaweed wrap, she was spotted attempting to leave the castle with the girl and was chased by the guards. She just made it to an old secret passage she found when she was younger where she and her friend, an ex-guard, used to sneak out. The Royal life could be quite stressful and she sometimes needed to just get away.

The guards found her as she was handing the baby to her old friend she had previously told to meet her here although he was unaware of the situation. In fact, he was quite shocked she managed to get hold of him at all. He was banished from the kingdom for "kidnapping the Queen". After that incident her hadn't heard from her for years.

He grabbed the child from her as the guards made their way over. To stop her, the guards shot her in her in the arm with their cross-bow, making her drop the Boulder on herself. Octavius, the octopus, held the child close, shielding her as the sound thundered through the tunnel. He stood for a moment just holding the child, trying to comprehend what had just happened. He slowly turned and all he could see in front of him, through the settling dust, was a broken shell necklace the queen must have been holding. He picked it up and studied it. It had the letters E and L written in gold. It must have had her name imprinted on it. He unfortunately didn't catch her name. He heard muffled talking from the other side of the boulder and quickly swam away. The little girl was clutching tightly into his tentacle, blubbering away to herself completely oblivious to what had happened. This brought a woeful smile to his face. He would take care of her. He would be his daughter, his little...Elle.

How was that backstory? Was it too long? I'd love to hear some feedback! 😊

All my digital drawings are done on my iPad mini using Adobe sketch and ArtStudio

If you like what you see please feel free to check  my Instagram: art.of.the.siren for More drawings, progress pics, and sketches. It would mean the world to me! ☺️