Chapter 3

||Hello everybody. My name is septiceyetiffiplier and welcome back to Happily Ever After? ||

Mat

-time skip to 2 months later-

It's holiday break.

Perfect.

I was in Cincinnati looking for Nate. I was on his school campus. He didn't know.

"Excuse me. Do you know Nathan Patrick?" I asked one girl.

She nodded and told me where his dorm was. I thanked her and walked to it.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I heard footsteps and then the door opened. Nate was standing there and he didn't look happy to see me.

"Can we talk?"

"No."

"Please."

"You broke my heart! You cheated on me with some girl! Again Matthew! I can't believe you! You ruined me! You're an asshole and I can't believe I took you back!" He yelled.

"Nate, listen to me!"

"Why should I?! Just so you can make up some lie to make me melt in your hands? So you can say something that'll make me putty in your hands? Something that you know I'll believe? Well not this time, Matthew. You aren't going to fool me again. We're through!" He threw the ring at me and slammed the door in my face.

I ruined everything.

From: Stephanie

He didn't want you, did he?

To: Stephanie

This is your fault.

From: Stephanie

You're the one that wanted to hook up with me.

I didn't reply. I just walked away, and took a cab to the airport. I'm heading back to New York.

Nate

-3 years later-

We're done with college! Well, I am. Mark dropped out. It's okay. He's much happier now that he's out of school. I looked in the mirror and smiled.

From: Markiplier

Excited?

To: Markiplier

I'm happy to be done.

From: Markiplier

I'm glad you're happy. There's someone here that wants to see you.

To: Markiplier

Who?

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I quickly went over and opened my door. It was Jack and Mark.

"Jack!" I hugged him tightly.

"I've missed ya!" Jack smiled and hugged me back.

"It's been so long!" I laughed as I let him go.

"Look at you. All grown up." He laughed.

He came here just to see me graduate. I love him. As a friend only. He's so amazing. I'm glad he's my friend.

"You ready to go, Nate?" Jordan asked.

I smiled and nodded.

"Not before I get to see you." We heard

"Lachlan!" Jordan ran up to him and hugged him.

Happy couples everywhere. Gross.

We all walked to where we needed to be. I'm so happy. When they called me up, my heart sank.

"Nathan Patrick."

Everyone cheered. I walked up, grabbed my diploma, shook their hands and walked back to my seat. I never change my name. Now that I think about it... Mat and I never got a divorce.

Oh no. We're still married.

I sighed and looked back. I spotted Chelsey, Felix and their twins, Carter and Pierre. I smiled at them. They smiled back.

From: Matthew Patrick

They called me Matthew Smith today. Don't know if you'll care or not.

To: Matthew Patrick

Nathan Patrick.

I sighed. Why did I reply? I made a mistake doing that. Why do I still care?

Because you love him.

I do love him.

To: Matthew Patrick

I still love you

From: Matthew Patrick

I never stopped. I'm so sorry for everything Nate. I've been so horrible without you. This isn't a lie. It's not something to just bring you back to me. I mean this. I love you with everything in me. You are my everything. I'm so empty without you. These past three years... Oh god... All I could think about is you. You're all I want Nate. My heart aches for you. I only want you. Only you. Please forgive me.

To: Matthew Patrick

I forgive you. But I won't forget. I love you, but please.. I need time.

From: Matthew Patrick

I can wait. I will always wait for you.

I smiled at my phone. They had us throw our caps and I just held mine. This was the start of the rest of my life. I've missed Mat. Afterwords, I found Chelsey, Felix, Mark, and Jack.

"Let's go celebrate!" Jack said.

I grabbed Carter out of Chelsey's arms and smiled.

"I'd like that." I said.

"Where to?" Chelsey asked, holding Pierre.

"Let's just get McDonald's and head to Marks place." I laughed.

They all agreed. It was late anyways and the kids were falling asleep.

Around 3 am, I got a text.

From: Matthew Patrick

I want to see you, so I bought a plane ticket. I'm coming to Cincinnati. I want to see my husband again. I miss you. I miss everything about you. I love you so much Nate. I really am in love with you.

To: Matthew Patrick

I love you.

From: Matthew Patrick

I'm so sorry for everything Nate.

To: Matthew Patrick

I've already forgiven you. Now let me sleep.

I changed his contact name and I could already imagine him laughing his dolphin laugh at me saying to let me sleep. He never lets me sleep. It's kinda funny.

From: MatPat💘

Never! Just kidding. Sweet dreams my love.

To: MatPat💘

I can't wait to see you. Good night. I love you.

From: MatPat💘

I love you.

I smiled and felt myself slowly drift to sleep. I hope I don't regret this.

||That is all for this chapter. hope you guys enjoyed! This ones kinda short. But it's a filler... Sorta. As always, I will see you all in the next chapter. *waves* Bye Bye!||