two

Her fingers trailed across the shelf of CDs, taking a sip of her coffee. Hard metal songs flowed through the speakers and filled the entire CD store, the bass somehow shaking the wooden floor. Sujin would spend most of her afternoons strolling around at the CD store, looking for new CDs to take out and listen to. The store was usually empty, her being one of the loyal customers.

Sometimes the store owner would let her borrow a CD whenever she wanted, only if she returned them and gave them a review of her thoughts on it. In addition, she would even be offered to take home any record, along with their vintage record player. She was that loyal and trustworthy.

As she stopped to pick a CD, her fingers laced with another, until she quickly let go. Her eyes averted towards a familiar pair, gripping tightly onto her coffee cup.

"Go ahead, take it." Sujin smiled, backing away from Jungkook who had a surprised look on his face.

"Sujin, I swear we just saw each other last night." He chuckled as she nodded her head, taking another sip of the warm beverage. "Do you always come here?"

She nodded her head, quirking an eyebrow, "Yes, are you stalking me?"

The two burst out into giggles as she took out the CD and handed it to him, tapping on the plastic cover. He took the CD from her and flashed a toothy smile, while she began to look for more records to take home.

"That one is really good," She mumbled, her back faced towards him as she rummaged through the shelf. "the bass is not that loud, the voice quality is fantastic. I think you'll love it."

He stared at the back of the CD to reveal the songs that matched his taste of music. He smiled to himself, resting his arm on the top of the shelf as she pulled out more and placing them in front of him. She pushed them towards him and dusted her hands off, tossing her empty cup into the trash can.

"I'd give all of those a listen if I were you." She pointed towards the group of CDs that were stacked. "It matches your genre."

He took them all without hesitation and placed them in his basket, "This tells me you know this store by heart."

She nodded, smiling proudly as she shrugged, "It's almost like a second home, I guess."

"Sir, are you going to check those CDs out or are you still looking around?" One of the store owners questioned Jungkook from her seat behind the cashier desk.

The two of them looked a bit alarmed, but Sujin smiled as she turned back towards Jungkook and nodded her head. Taking a few steps backward towards the exit, she bowed at him, mumbling, "It was nice seeing you again, Jungkook."

He watched her as she left the store, while he stood there astounded. There was a small pit of emptiness inside of him. He gazed at the stack of CDs as he headed over to the cashier and checked them out as soon as he could before dashing out the door in a split second.

Down the sidewalk, his eyes searched for her in the crowd of citizens. It was easy to get lost in Seoul, especially when it was almost dark outside. It usually got really crowded in the city, and Jungkook had grown used to it. But nights like this, he wished they weren't so crowded at all. He needed to find her.

He sighed sadly, glancing at the plastic bag that contained the suggested records that Sujin left him with. He walked over to the bench a few metres away and took a seat, watching everyone pass by. What was this feeling of emptiness that he was bearing inside?

His eyes lit up as he saw a familiar girl walking down the sidewalk across the street. Her long brown hair jumped as she took a step, her arms freely swaying back and forth. She looked like she didn't care about where she would end up, and it looked like she wanted to go on a late adventure. He stood up, grabbing the plastic bag and heading across the street. Of course, he didn't seem to mind about almost getting run over by a car, what seemed more important was catching her before he loses her, again.