Lost

*i miss you*

I woke up to a text from David.

Great just what I needed.

•*you missed me? I can't tell. You had no problem breaking my fucking heart. You didn't give a shit while we were together. You don't know how many times I cried over you. And how many times I prayed that you'd come back to me. And what do you know, you didn't. And now I regret it.*

*you shouldn't regret it. Because at one point it was exactly what you wanted.*

•*well if I knew then what I knew now, I wouldn't have even wanted it in the first place.*

*what the hell has gotten into you? Is it that emo scene kid that came to your rescue last night? Is that why you don't care anymore.*

•*no. You just killed all the good left inside of me. No one ever told me what to do if someone was my Romeo but I wasn't their Juliet. So I'm figuring out what to do by myself. Goodbye David.*

And sure enough I didn't get a text back from him..

I get up from my bed and walk up stairs into my living room.

Mary's sitting there laughing on the phone. I can already tell she's talking to Harry.

"Whoaa you look like shit." Mary says covering her mouth.

"Thanks Bestfriend. Means a lot." I say plopping myself down onto the couch.

"Had a rough night I heard." She says raising her eyebrow at me.

"That Niall Douchebag told you what happened?" I say scoffing.

"Oh and I believe you forgot to tell me he WAS a douchebag. I had to find that out by myself last night." I continue.

"I'm sorry. He was just- I just think he's naturally like that. But so are you." She laughs and continues to talk on the phone to Harry.

"Oh and he's coming over in an hour. We're double dating." She says giving me a crooked smile.

"I am really not liking you this morning." I say getting up and going downstairs.

"Where are you going?" She yells.

"To get ready. I look like shit and I don't need your friend Niall to comment on it." I say yelling back.

I jump in the shower and think about last night.

I'm not over David. Not as much as I seem. But it's for the best. I really need to get my mind off of him. I'm kinda glad Mary set up this double date. I just wish it was with someone else.

I decide to wear my Ed sheeran "the worst things in life come free to us." crew neck with black jeans and my galaxy toms. And I curled my hair. Simple.

When I was done I walked upstairs. And Mary was wearing something similar to me. Just a One direction crewneck instead.

"I never understood why you even listened to those talentless bell ends." I started laughing.

"shush." She says while straightening out her pants.

The doorbell rings.

"That's them. Come on." She says grabbing my arm and leading me to the door.

She opens the door and there stands Harry and Niall. They both wore a black shirt, black pants, and a black leather jacket.

"Creative outfits." I say scoffing and Mary smacks my arm.

"What the hell did you get me into Harry?" Niall says looking at me.

"I don't wanna go with you just as much as you don't wanna go with me. So you're not the only one arsehole." I say walking passed him to Harry's car.

"Well. Operation double date is going terrific so far." Mary says holding Harry's hand.

Harry unlocks the door and we all get into the car. Mary and Harry in the Front and Niall and I in the back.

"So, are you and your cookie cutter boyfriend back together yet?" Niall says laughing.

"Are you done being an arsehole YET?" I say look at him.

"I really don't like you. Why am I even going on this double date with you. You aren't even my type." He scoffs.

"Well aren't you just a nice fantastic ray of sunshine and pleasantness? Aha. " I say.

"I'm glad you guys are enjoying eachother." Harry says laughing and looking at Mary.

"You didn't HAVE to come. No one put a gun to your head and told you you had to go on this double date." I say looking out the window.

"If someone put a gun to my head and said I HAD to go on this double date, with YOU, I'd tell them to pull the trigger. And no one put a gun to your head either so why'd you come?"

I pause. And think his question through. He is right, I guess because I kinda sort of like the thought of him. Maybe.

No I don't. Who am I kidding.

"Are you gonna answer the question Courtney?" Harry says and the car gets silent.

"Because I didn't want you to be a third wheel." I say quickly to Niall.

"YOU'RE WELCOME." I continue, mimicking Him from last night.

He doesn't respond and we pull into the parking lot of the movies.

When I get out of the car I let out a huge breath. We haven't even started this "double date" and I already don't wanna be here. Great.

We walk in and get our tickets. Instead of waiting for Harry and Mary to get the snacks and popcorn I walk into the movie and find 4 spots at the very top of the theater. Niall Follows and sits right next to me.

"You know there's 2 other places you can sit? Somewhere other then right beside me." I say looking at him then at the screen.

He puts his hand on my upper thigh and rubs it.

"Why do you act like you don't want me?" He whispers in my ear.

"I know you do." He continues.

I feel frozen. And I don't bother to respond or move his hand.

He starts to speak again but we both feel a vibration come from my phone in my front pocket.

*i love you. But you decide to go on a double date? You already have a boyfriend? I can't believe you.*

Niall must've seen the text too because he starts to chuckle.

"So I'm your boyfriend? Aha. I hope you aren't telling people that. It'll never happen sweetheart. Like I said before you're not my type." He says removing his hand from my thigh as Mary and Harry walk up the stairs with popcorn and candy and sit next to me.

How can he just do that? He was just rubbing my thigh. Saying I want him. He must want me. He has to. I can't lie.. Every time he talks it makes me want him more.. Partly because I know I can't have him..

Tears begin to gather in the bottom of my eyes from anger. I hate that when I get mad I cry. It makes me appear weak.

I grab my purse from my seat, get up, and walk down the stairs of the theater.

"Where the hell are you going?" I hear Mary say but I ignore her. I look back and see Niall giving me a half evil smile and I get even more pissed off.

*just come get me. Im at the theater* I text David.

*I'm omw.* He texts back right away.

I know I'm gonna regret asking him to give me a ride home but I don't care. I wait on the curb outside. And within 5 minutes David pulls up.

I get in the car and slam the door.

"Why-" I interrupt him.

"Don't even ask." I says as he pulls off.