The Lambs~ (edited)

6:45 A.M. (The Same Day)

The male lamb/ram tribe members were out tending to their pastures and fields, while the females stitched up clothes, made the meals, and took care of the children. Ian is in the attic of the barn, escaping his daily chores. He is seated on a bale of hay, falling in and out of sleep here and there.
He brought his head up as he saw another, yet larger lamb pop its head through the squared hole in the floor at which you entered into the attic from.

"Ian? What're you doing in here?" Reed asks, "you're supposed to be helping the women stitch up the clothes."

Reed has always been Ian's best friend, since forever. Most of the tribe suspected Ian to be with child any day now because of how close they are. The thought had never crossed either of their minds, they were just best friends, nothing more, nothing less.

Ian gently uncurls himself. "Ree! I'm so glad you are here! Come join me!"

Reed slowly pushed himself into the attic.

Ian stopped beside the window, the glass was gone and the air had flown inside to balance with the heat of the sunshine. "Look! You can see the whole field!" Ian chirped again, his head sticking out of the window. Reed stayed back, his head tilting in confusion.

"What made you decide to come up here?" Reed asked, deciding to move to the window, looking out. "Wow, you can!" He continued, admiring the amount of land you could see from the high place.

Ian thought for a moment and sat down on his legs, his hooves crossing. "Reed, you know why I like being up here! Plus, I like the worn, mysterious look it had." Ian nodded, his head gently resting on the frame of the open window.

In Ian's mind, nothing was melancholy. Everything was just, inside of bounds. It had a spark that never made Ian sad or unhappy, only curious.

Ian stared for a moment before feeling a nuzzle against his head. "You're a curious soul, you know that?" Reed gently conjured, sitting beside Ian.

Ian looked up, his head bowing. "I'll take that as a compliment, if it's meant to be one." Ian joked, his head nuzzling back to Reed's.

Reed looked back to the field, his eyes landing on the fence. "Have you ever wondered what was out there? Outside of the field?" Reed asked, his eyes stuck to the white, slightly worn fence. Ian paused, his eyes following Reed's.

"Maybe, I've wanted to look beyond sometimes." Ian gently whispered, his chin resting the frame.

Reed nodded, his eyes receding back to Ian. "It looks magical, free. Do you think we'll ever be able to go?" Reed gently asked again, his eyes sticking to Ian's soft white snout.

"I don't know, but it would be amazing to." He whispered, his eyes moving to Reed's. "What do you think would be back there?" He finished, their eyes sticking to one another.

Reed blinked, his eyes looking back to the fence, Ian's eyes following. "I can't think of anything, just.. maybe heaven. Not like death, but heaven on earth." Reed hummed, gently standing. "I'm going to go eat, you come down when you feel necessary." Reed finished, gently walking to the hole. "Use your imagination, it might spoon-feed you the wondrous things that could live behind the fence." Reed once again finished, triumphing down the steps of the square, slowly disappearing.

Ian felt happiness in his heart as his mind began cooking the wonderful pictures of what could be behind the wall of their home.

It had been close to two hours as Ian was up in the attic and his head was gently resting on the frame, his eyes closed and his lips parted, sleeping.

The gentle rays of the sun were resting on his soft, thin wool. The white color was so pure and magnificent, it could blind someone if the light was just right.

Ian had always been a peaceful sleeper, his body would be a soft ball or his body could be a complete messy layout, he'd still look so peaceful, almost as if he was a ghostly corpse of a lamb that lay in an everlasting sleep.

Ian's mother had died in an accident that he had forgotten in his mind, but never his heart. There were horrible, monstrous wolves, coyotes that raged the field, killing off everything that made a sudden movement.

His mother had led him and Reed to this very attic to hide from the terrible tragedy, it wasn't a surprise when to this day they had forgotten they were here when she had died. All they know, is that Ian's mother was gone, eaten by the monsters. It had been so long ago.

He and Reed were then told by the other wise sheep, that she had led them away by running far from the field. Ian's mother was a very good sheep, she was beautiful, smart and had an amazing personality.

She was a plump sheep, her wool was soft and enterprising. Her body was fat yet so strong. She was a dinner plate in pure sight, and that was the reason every single wolf wanted her. The breasts of a sheep were the most valuable part in wolves eyes, she was one of the few that had the biggest.

Ian's father ran away, away from their family. It hurt Ian's mother the most, she thought he loved her, and their small child. But he had left, and that was the end of the conversation.

All Ian had left, was Reed. He couldn't dare let his last part of family leave him, it was all he truly had to make him feel like his parents were still with him.

Reed was the one that made him who he is today and he loved who he was, he loved what he had been taught. Reed was the brother he never had, and it was everything he ever needed.