The First Night Out

When you are sixteen, you think you know everything right. No, if you haven't figured that one out then go ahead and slap yourself and get it out of your system. I am certainly not saying that our parents reserve the right to rule our lives, but sometimes they do know what is best, like the one, and only time, I ever snuck out. 

I still remember it so vividly, it was the middle of the summer, and I met Daniel Cinder. My neighbors were throwing a party and I was invited. This would the first party I had gone to that wasn't a family or a sympathy invite. I was ecstatic. Of course I had to look hot as hell, but still bonfire ready. As I opened the gate to their back yard I saw him.  Very attractive and very single, Daniel, wearing pants that fit just right and a smile that just made you want to smile. 

As the night raced on and on I noticed us starting to sit closer and closer together. At one point I had gone and gotten my guitar so we could play and all sing along (he ended up playing because I had terrible stage fright, even with friends.) As we were sitting on the back porch, I remember him rubbing my thigh, when all of the sudden my phone was ringing... Mom... 

"Hey" I answered. 

"Come home now." 

The line went dead. Shit, I knew she had eyes in the back of her head, but how in the hell had she seen him rubbing my thigh all the way over here? As I took the short walk home I braced myself for the worst. When I got there she just told me I could not spend the night, and that I was to be home by midnight. Ok, so that gave me two more hours. 

Walking back I was relieved. When I got there, I discovered they had pulled out the moonshine. Four shots in apiece, a few beers, and god knows what else in our stomach, we were pretty fucked up. I looked at the clock and it said in bright white lights: 12:02 AM. I started sprinting.

Mom and my stepdad were planted on the couch looking at the door, like they had been expecting me to come home at any minute. Then I received a lecture about how I was still living under their roof and it was their rules. At that point I was pissed because for one, I never go out, like ever. And two, I was literally right across the road, like twenty feet away! 

Aggravated, I went to my room. Then a text appeared on my screen. 

"Hey, everything ok?"

It was Daniel. "Ya, just the parents being parents." 

"Sneak out." 

"Ok." And like a high jumper I sprinted out of my two story window. Later I would regret that, but in the moment it all felt so right. He was waiting for me by his car. 

As I approached I saw that smile again, the one that could just make you melt. I went up and stood beside him and leaned on the driver's side door.  He slowly moved in front of me, putting one hand on each side of my head, and as he leaned in, I had to tilt my head back to see his eyes. The all in one motion he reached around me, kissed my lips, and opened the back door of his blue Nissan. The kiss was powerful, nothing like the losers I had been with before. Something about his aurora excited me, and I just couldn't get enough. 

Then he deepened the kiss, his tongue stroking mine. Before you knew it, we were both undressed. He was playing with my breasts and breathing heavy, when out of the sudden he said "you know what? I think I am gay!" 

Dumbfounded I sat there completely naked and shocked. What the fuck was going on? 

"Um, what," I asked as politely as I could. 

"Ya. I slept with a dude once and you just aren't getting me turned on like he did. I think I am gay!" 

Still not completely sure of what just happened, I got dressed and went back home. This is where part one of jumping out my window went wrong (don't worry, there is a part two.) How in the hell was I supposed to get back in? So I started pacing, pacing always helped me think, and as I thought I tried to process a formula to get back into my room. When that area came up empty I replayed over the events in the car. I did not understand how at one moment you could be about to have hot sex, and the next the guy is gay? What? Three years later and I am still stumped with that one, any information on this, please call me! I guess I must have thought myself to sleep because when I woke up I was sitting in a chair outside. 

I got up and began thinking again, then I remembered the super tall ladder we kept beside the house for cutting down tree limbs (more fir the thought of cutting down tree limbs, nobody ever did it.) I pulled that over to my window and climbed up. At the top, if I reached on my tip toes, I could reach the bottom of my window. As I grabbed it and jumped with all my might, I went flying into my room. A sigh of relief passed over me. Yet another day to live and not be killed by my mother.