Chapter 8

hey hey, he daddy

sorry its been stuck in my head

also as i said if you've read btr, this is extremely late, sorry. i'm not gonna try and justify a reason, all i'll say is that I've been really happy recently and updating has kinda been the last thing on my mind... not saying im ungrateful for all the reads and votes, I definitely am, it's just been such a drag recently... (but the feedback on this book is what amazed me the most, so thank you so much)

-

"Have you seen the new kid?"

"Omg the new kid is so weird"

"I wanna meet the new kid"

"She seems cool"

Ashton walked down the corridor all he could hear was gossip about a new kid?

Maëlyss walked over to him and sighed dramatically, Ashton then began "omfg!2! the new kid is soooo gross like ew" the short girl laughed and continued, "shush Becky! She seems suuuper cool! We're gonna be besties for life!11!"

The two chuckled before a short girl with curly blonde hair and green eyes walked over...

"Can we help you?"

"Yeah actually... I'm new and I was told to follow Ashton Irwin around?"

"Oh.." Maë and Ashton exchanged a look. They didn't do we with newcomers.

She then turned to Maëlyss, "Yeah, anyway, everyone pointed to you, so, hi!" She smiled, but Ashton burst out laughing.

"Sorry love, that's Maëlyss, I'm Ashton" he giggled.

"Oh" her cheeks flushed red, "Sorry" she muttered apologetically.

"It's alright, I'll let you off because you're new" Maë joked and the three laughed together.

Then Izzy, Sher and Cal walked over, giving Maë 'the look' which meant they were having a meeting.

"U-Uh, Ash, I gotta go to class early today because I forgot to do my homework... But um see you later, yeah?"

"Okay.. but that's not like you, is something up? because you can tell me.." Ashton was still suspicious of her hanging out with Izzy, and he knew she had chemistry and had done the homework. But maybe now was not a good time to ask.

"Jeesh, why'd you assume I'm not okay just because I forgot to do homework, I'm human and I forgot sometimes you know?" she snapped, she was a terrible at lying.

"Maë, chill, I was joking.."

"Well it wasn't funny, but you're forgiven, see you at lunch" Maë rambled.

"Your friendship is weird" the girl, whose name we didn't even ask yet, spoke.

Maëlyss was subtly about to sneak off to the empty D.T room they always bunked in because no one ever goes in there, when Ash called her name.

"What?"

He looked at the blonde girl who had the same class as Maë, "she has the same lesson as you, walk with her.. I can't be late to Mr. Owino, I have an exam"