Ch. 5

After school was over, Raph decided to head out of the back of the school where a lot kids go when they want to skip class.

"Hey, there you are." A familiar voice said to Raph.

Raph turned his head and saw Leo with his signature smile.

"Did I scare you?" Leo asked.

"Only a little bit." Raphael peeped.

Leo started laughing.

"Fine, laugh all you want, Leonardo." Raph said.

"Don't worry I will." Leo smirked.

Raph rolled his eyes with a smile.

"Are we gonna hang out or just stand here while you make fun of me?" Raph joked.

"Okay, we can go now." He said.
-
Raph started laughing. "That really happened?!"

"Yea, the ice cream fell on the ground and me being a little kid, I decided to lick it off and a stupid ant decided to get on my tongue and bite me."

Raph started to laugh. "Damn! That's a weird and funny story."

Leo laughed as well. "Hey, if that happened to you, you wouldn't be laughing now would you?"

"I'm just saying, it's a funny story."

Leo glared at him with a smile. "Fine, if you think that's funny, tell me a funny story when you were little."

"Like what?" He asked.

Leo thought. "How about crazy things you did when you were little

Raph thought for a moment. "Well one time my brother and I brought a stray cat home and he almost had a heart attack."

"Why? What's wrong with a cute little cat?"

"I don't know, he's just scared of cats." Raph shrugged.

Leo chuckled. "So besides embarrassing stories, what else is there about you Raphael? Tell me about your family." Leo smiled.

"My little brother Mikey is a pain in the ass." Raph said.

"Wait, Michelangelo's your brother?"

"Yea, but you can tell who's the most handsomest turtle." Raph smirked.

"That's so cool! Mikey is so awesome!"

"Yea well he's a pain to me. Little brothers are the worst." Raph groaned.

"I don't have a little brother, I have a big sister."

Raph rolled his eyes. "Lucky you."

Leo chuckled. "What about your father?"

"Meh... my dad works a lot so there's not really much to say about him." Raph said. "I mean, he's a nice guy, but he just works so hard."

"I get it, my father- well, my foster father works a lot too." Leo told him. "Sometimes I won't even see him until the next day." He added.

"He's been working so hard ever since..." Raph hesitated. "Since our mom died. He's just been working non-stop to help provide for us and he doesn't stop and take a break."

The of them were silent for a moment.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your mother?"

Raph sighed. He didn't know if he wanted to tell Leo or not. But, for some reason, it felt like he could Leo anything.

He sighed. "A gang came up to her and killed her. She worked as a scientist with my dad and found out a hidden secret about them. I guess they wanted to keep her mouth shut for good."

Leo looked at Raph. "Raph, I'm so sorry."

Raph didn't say anything. He just looked at the ground.

"Believe me, I know how that feels." Leo peeped.
He began fidgeting with his left bracelet. "When I was 7, my mom and dad wanted to take me out to dinner with them." Leo said. "And then, the car went out of control and CRASH! That was the last time I heard my parents voices."

"Leo, I'm sorry about that. Truly, I am."

"Well," Leo looked at the sky. "We cannot change the past. It will stick with us until the day we pass on. But if we try to change it, we will not live right. We must leave the past alone and continue to live on to make our future better."

"Dude, that's deep." Raph said.

Leo sighed and looked at his left wrist and took off his bracelet. "This is the last thing I had from them." Leo handed Raph the bracelet.

Raph looked at the writing on the bracelet. It read: My Strong Warrior.

"Do you like him, your foster dad?" Raph asked.

Leo shrugged. "I do, but like I said, he works a lot." He said. "He's also pretty strict at times, but other than that, he's a good father to me."

Raph gave him a confused look.

"Well, it's kind of getting late." Leo said with a sigh. "I should be heading home."

"Let me walk you there." Raph insisted.

"You don't have to walk me everywhere."

"It's okay. My dad won't mind." Raph said.

Leo smiled again. "Okay."
-
"Welcome to my home." Leo said as Raph entered Leo's home.

"Holy crap Leo you rich or somethin'?" Raph joked.

He laughed. "My father might be."

They both started laughing.

"Do you mind if I stay over for a little bit?" Raph asked. "Maybe we can help each other with the algebra homework?

Leo lightly blushed. "Um, okay."
-
"So what is 14x^2+7x over 4-80x plus 70x^2+9 over 8x" Raph asked Leo. He was helping Leo with his math homework.

Leo stared blankly at the question. "I understand nothing." Leo groaned. "Math is evil."

"It's not that hard, Leo." Raph said. "You have to find out if the numerator can factor-"

There was a knock on the door. The door opened and a man walked into the room.

"Leonardo, your father is here." The man said.

Leo bowed. "Thank you, Bradford."

Then the man left.

Raph looked at Leo. "Who was that guy?"

"That was Bradford. He works with my father." Leo answered.

"Oh."

"Anyway, I think you should leave. My father doesn't really like people that come here without his permission. He would probably bash their head against the wall." Leo said.

Raph's eyes widened with shock. "Okay then."

Raph walked out of Leo's room followed by Leo himself.

In the hallway, Raph and Leo heard a man with a deep voice talking to Bradford and some other guy.

Leo exited the hallway with a smile on his face. "Father you're back!" Leo ran off to hug the man that just entered the house.

Raph was about to get out of the hallway but he just stared at the man Leo was hugging. He wore a metal mask and metal armor.

'Is that Leo's dad?' Raph thought.