Ch.4: Time with the Eldest

My first real interaction with any of the males would be with the oldest of the brothers.

-Shopping District-Same Day-
"Oh, Y/N-sama." A voice caught the attention of the (H/C), who had been sitting on a bench with her eyes focusing on the blue sky above.
"Eh?" Blinking in confusion, the female placed her gaze onto the familiar sights of the eldest Asahina. "Oh! Masaomi-san!" Y/N greeted, smiling softly.
"I thought you were at work." The brown haired male said, looking a bit concerned as he looked at the younger female.
"Oh, yeah. They gave me a vacation that starts today, thanks to my good work." The female stated, trying to sound as gleeful as she could as she clutched onto a black and white composition book that had papers stuffed inside and had tabs coloring the pages.
"Is that so? That's good." Masaomi released what sounded like a sigh of relief, surprising Y/N.
Was he really worried...about me?
"What're you doing over here, if you don't mind me asking?" Questioned the female, quickly hoping to change the topic.
"Ah, yes. I came here with the weekly shopping." The eldest Asahina stated, suddenly holding up a list of supplies.
"That's a lot!" Y/N accidentally shouted in her surprise, causing a pink hue to dust her cheeks as a few shoppers turned to look in her direction.
"It's actually less than what we usually get. Which is why I came alone." Masaomi chuckled.
"Is that so? Then, do you mind if I tag along? I don't really have anything better to do at the moment." The female shyly explained.
Masaomi beamed, nodding in his agreement. "I don't mind at all, I'd honestly enjoy your company. It'll be rare for me to actually be able to get to know you." He stated.
"Oh, that's right. Ema-chan mentioned that you and the others have weird schedules because of your jobs." Y/N stated, grabbing her satchel before she followed Masaomi through the crowd of shoppers. Of course she had already guessed this, especially when she hadn't even met all of the Asahina brothers yet.
"Unfortunately, it's true. I usually work more on weekdays, since that's when it seems like more children get sick." He stated, causing Y/N to chuckle.
"Is that so?" She asked with an amused smile crossing her features as she looked at him.
"Yes." Masaomi nodded. "I'm sure most of them are using their sickness as an excuse to get out of school. Though, I wouldn't change my job for anything." He admitted with a gleeful expression at the thought of his chosen profession.
Y/N looked up at the taller man, her (E/C) orbs calculating his features, as if trying to determine if he was lying in some sort of way. Though, he looked completely genuine. Which surprised the female more than anything.
"Mm...It must be nice to be able to stay home from school like that." She eventually spoke up after a moment of silence between the two. "I was only able to skip classes if Asahina-san could talk Mom into believing I was too sick to attend classes." Y/N awkwardly laughed. When she noticed Masaomi's confused expression, she quickly said, "I meant Ukyo-san." She told him.
"Oh, that's right. You mentioned knowing him before, right?" Masaomi questioned her.
"Yeah! My mother was his mentor when I was about eight. Though she treated him a lot like an intern and my babysitter at the time." Y/N sighed at the rememberance of her first encounter with the blond Asahina.
"Your mother?" Masaomi looked confused once more, before his eyes widened in realization. "Oh! You're L/N (Mother's Name)'s daughter?" He questioned, sounding surprised. Y/N blinked. Did he not notice? She wondered to herself, before nodding to answer his question. "I apologize. I honestly thought that your last names were a coincidence." Masaomi explained apologetically.
"Oh, no, it's fine. I'm actually surprised that you didn't know." She told him. I swore he was acting nice to me because she was my mother. Y/N thought, scratching her cheek awkwardly. But there's no way such a nice guy exists!
"It's kind of funny that you found the article and how you know him and the triplets. It's almost like fate." Masaomi covered his mouth with the back of his hand as he chuckled.
"Fate? I think it's more of a coincidence if anything, Masaomi-san." Y/N told him.
"Is that so?" Masaomi hummed while looking at her with his kind smile, which always seemed to make Y/N instantly calm down. With the exception of a couple of butterflies that fluttered around inside her stomach. "Ladies first." Before Y/N knew it, the two were now standing in front of the grocery store, and Masaomi had opened the door for her.
"Thank you." Y/N blushed a bit in embarraseement, though smiled as she walked into the cooled building. "Should we split the list so that we can cut the time in half?" Y/N offered as they walked towards the buggies*.
"Sure, if you want to." Masaomi nodded and took out the long list once more and handed it over to the female, who tore it in two equal sizes. "I'll meet you at the bakery." He told her when Y/N handed him the first half, before pushing his buggie in the opposite direction.
Y/N nodded, before looking down at the first item on the list. Teabags. That seems like something Ukyo-san would put on a list. She thought with an amused smile, before strolling the buggie in the direction to where the teabags would be found.