Chapter Seven - Shh, Baby Boy.

Previously on Chapter Six:

"She...she wasn't interested?"

"That's what she said." Brandon shrugs and taps his finger tips on the table.

"I don't understand..."

I turn my body to hers and lean forward. "A...are you alright?"

"Mom?" A soft voice comes from our right.

"You wanna know the problem?"

"Fine." Her voice was hard and all the softness was out the window. "We're broke. Happy?"

"You're...what?"

"Huh?!" I say once more. "What more did you want!?" My voice was high and i could hear the echo.

"We wanted you, Farkle." He looks up and meets my eyes. I noticed a glimps of sadness in his eyes.

"We wanted our son back."

○ ○ ○

Farkle's POV.

Moms eyes were sparkly from the tears that were forming in her eyes. Dad still had the sad expression on his face.

"We wanted our son back."

I didn't show any kind of expression on my face. Why should I? This is probably just some other crap they say just so that they can get their happy little New York family.

"Look, Farkle." My dad turns around and walks over tl the big red sofa and takes a seat, mom slowly taking the seat next to him.

He looks up. "Please, sit."

I don't make a move, my feet glued on the spot.

Their eyes are pleeding me. As if they were sufforing.

They're the ones sufforing? What about me?

"Please?" He pleeds.

I bite the inside of my cheek and slowly walk over to the sofa, not taking the seat nearest them but a good distance away.

"Talk." I say coldly.

"We were a family. A great one, Farkle. Back in California, you used to spend time with us. With your family." My dad starts.

"Before you grew up, that is." Mom peeps in.

Dad lets out a breath and continues. "Yes. Before you befriended those friends of yours, before you got a girlfriend."

"Don't get us wrong, we loved Isadora. She was a good girl and we felt like something really amazing would come out of that relationship of yours." Mom says.

"But it didn't, Farkle." Dad finish. "Instead we got something bad out of it."

"What?" I ask.

"A broken family."

Maya. This is what she had, isn't it? A family that was perfect but soon went down the drain.

I look at them with anger and confusion. "But it didn't matter for you. You only cared about your jobs and your money."

They look confused at each other and then at me. "Farkle, we took time off our jobs just to spend time with you."

"You..what?"

A tear rolls down moms cheek. "Farkle, we lost our jobs. We lost our jobs because we wanted you back."

"We wanted you back, so we did everything so that would've happened. And the price was our jobs."