Chapter Ten: W H O R E

KELSON

"Jaida, it's me..this is like the ten thousandth message I've left you in the last week. I'm sorry, okay? Just call me back, bye." I said and hung up.

"Who was that?" My daughter asked as she bounced into my room.

Bella and I had an agreement that she could keep the house if Lala could live with me. She, instinctively, took the house over her own daughter, which I wasn't surprised by. The divorce was coming to it's final days, the only thing we hadn't agreed on was where MY money would go.

"A friend of mine." I told her and sighed.

"You like her?" She asked.

"Maybe. Would that bother you?" I asked her.

"It depends. I wanna meet her first. I just don't want you with anybody else. Are you sure this divorce has to happen?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. There is no avoiding it, Kamilla." I told her.

"Mom told me about that homewrecking ex-secretary of yours. Is that who you were calling?" She asked, saddness and anger hinted in her voice.

"Yes. But, she is not a homewrecker." I told her.

"Yes, she is. This all began with her. You didn't have eyes for anyone else until she came along. I hate her, I don't care." She said and got up.

I sighed, it didn't really matter anyways. It seemed like Jaida was never coming back, and that bothered me more than anything. I kept trying to call her, I texted her, I even tried to show up at her workplace, but I wasn't allowed in the building anymore. Security escorted me out immediately. I was losing hope, but it didn't mean I was going to change my mind about my divorce.

JAIDA

"You know your fired, right?" I stood in Jack's office.

I finally decided to return to work. I was feeling extremely sick lately, and constantly throwing up.

"I understand." I said softly.

"The fit you threw in the resturant was unexceptable on top of all the other unspeakable things you've done in this very office." Jack said to me.

As if he didn't recieve oral sex from Kelson's wife in here. I rolled my eyes at the thought. I was over Kelson, and his wife, and all the drama that came with him.

"You were good at what you did..and I mean that in both ways." He smirked.

"I'm sure you've been replaying that tape to hell." I scoffed.

"Sure have. I mean, you could always keep your job, I mean, if you really, really want it." He said in a low husky voice, his eyes glazed over with lust as he eyed me from head to toe.

"I'd rather hang myself from the top of this building, you fucking asshole." I yelled at him, before turning to leave.

"Oh don't act like you haven't fucked your boss before! Whore!" He called after me as I exited.

I stuck my middle finger up at him and left. This is what I tried to avoid, but I, stupidly, allowed my feelings to get involved. And, getting fired wasn't even the worse of my problems.

When I got home I held the rectangular box in my hand. I've had it for a couple weeks now, but I was afraid it would confirm my worst fear. I finally ripped the box open and crouched over the toilet, peeing on the stick. I place the cap back on and put it on the counter. I washed my hands before pacing back and forth waiting for the results.