one.

**CAMERON'S POV**

"I'm really sorry, boss. I just can't babysit your br- daughter" I scratch my neck and thanked myself for not calling his brat a brat. How is he going to dump this little shit with me when I told him I had plans.

"Cameron, it's only this one time" I try to refrain from rolling my eyes "If she's that bad I'll give you a raise or a promotion, just please take her to the party with you" he pleads.

"What even is the emergency?" I asked peeved. We were close due to my parents, but why didn't they watch Molly, Marissa, Martha? I don't know her name.

"Katherine's mother is sick and Mackenzie's.." oh Mackenzie "babysitter cancelled and I'm really desperate" he said, I gave a soft laugh.

"I can tell.." I scratched the top of my head this time, even though I hate kids this raise could get me somewhere or.. "I'll take care of her, even let her spend the night" He sighed in relief and covered his chest with his hand ",but.." He rolled his eyes.

"Typical Cameron, what's on your mind?" He asked before glancing at her, then back at me "Please make the request quick"

"Promotion and a raise?" I ask and adjust my tie so it''s looser. He looks at me wide-eyed then looks back to his watch

"Deal" he plants a kiss on Makayla's forehead "Have fun at the party Mackenzie, love you babygirl!" oops not Makayla. 

"Bye daddy" her voice is cute enough to make me stop hating kids, only for a few seconds.

They get into their car and speed off. I sigh and pick the carseat up and gesture my hand out towards her. She hesitates, but then she shakes her head.

"What? My hand's aren't clean enough or something?" I scoff at the little spoiled brat, she shakes her head again

"I want to be carried" she said confidently. I looked at her with a crazed look

"How old are you?" I ask curious as to why she wants to be babied.

"four" she says and holds up the fingers as well to prove her intelligence. If I remember what Vincent, my boss, boasted about her he said she started walking at eight months and talking at six months.

"Fine, but you play by my rules" She just raised her arms up "got it?" I asked a little more harshly. She nods and I scoop her up with my free arm. She's light and not that much of a hassle compared to the carseat.

I place her in the car and she sits on the middle seat while I fiddle with the carseat. I pull the seatbelt from the back and strap it in like you're supposed to. I think. I snap and she obeys and comes towards me once again to be placed in her carseat. I pick her up only a bit and seat her into her carseat. I buckle her in and shut the door. Shit, childlock I thought. I reopened the door and activated the restriction then slammed the door. I was going to this party to meet a friend of mine, he might be a father himself but he'll definitely laugh at me. I ran my hand through my fresh hair cut and walked to the drivers seat. I placed the key in and turned the car on. Immediately my loud rap music came on and she squealed. I turned it down and looked into the mirror

"Well what do you fuckin' prefer?" I asked her as I pulled out of my own driveway.

"You have a profanic language" she says, what the fuck shes four? 

"My apologies miss Mackenzie" I said like a smart ass "Where'd you learn to talk like shakespeare?"

"My daddy sweared like you did and mommy said the same thing." Ah, she's way too smart for her age except for her use of the non exsistent word "Sweared". "It's not like daddy to swear, but you do"

"You win" I say and look into the mirror again to see her smiling out of the window at the Christmas lights decorating trees and shopping centers "What would you like to listen to then?" I ask then re-glue my eyes to the road.

"Christmas songs?" She squeaks and I press the radio to the station that plays obnoxious jingles.

She quietly nods her head side to side and swings her feet to all the songs that come on. We pulled up to the party and immediately I park next to my bestfriend Asher. He immediately sees Mackenzie in the back and like the whipped father he is he makes funny faces at her and she giggles at him. It really was a heartwarming noise, but kids are still as obnoxious as Christmas jingles. As I exit the car he opens the door and unbuckles her.

"Hi sweetie! What's your name?" He asks picking her up and she loves every minute of attention.

"I'm Mackenzie" she says innocently.

"I'm Ash" He replies and hands her over to me "Well, well, well, look who signed up for home economics class?" I glared at him

"Stop being a fag-" I got hit on the top of the head. I look to Mackenzie and she has an angry look on her face "How did you even know what that meant?"

"It did not sound nice" she said, but her "sound" was pronounced as "sunned"

We walk up to the garden which is where the party was being held and the event was huge. Christmas lights, lanterns, white table covers, and pink roses decorated the table tops and even the trees. Mackenzie was intrigued by the sight. I spotted a huge mansion and started to walk towards it. Asher asked me what I was doing and I replied that I was going to leave her in a room while we partied. He protested, but who listens to him. I walked up a grand staircase and handed her to him. Just incase a door I opened had couples hooking up. I opened every door down that hall then crossed over this balcony in the middle of the living room and went to another hall. I found a room filled with pastel colored belongings and some toys in a box. I whistled to Asher and pointed in this room. 

"Do you like this room?" I asked her and she nodded heading for the bed which had a canopy with lights hanging around the top. This person was obsessed with lights. She climbed atop the bed and started jumping. "Well can you stay in here until I come to get you?" I asked

"yes sir?" she was confused I brought the box of toys closer to the tot and opened the box.

"Go ahead and make a mess, we'll clean it up when we get back alrighty?" I told her. She spotted barbies and squealed with joy

"Uh, Cam this is the shi- dumbest idea you've ever had" Asher said

"Asher I couldn't care less, she's content let's go" I walked towards the door "I'll be back Mackenzie, I don't know when but I will not forget you" She nodded and waved bye.

We re-joined the party and grabbed a few beers. We clunk bottles and me and Asher drank a lot. I grinded on girls who came up to me and Asher just laughed at how slutty they looked. Hours passed I don't know how many, but I didn't care. I kept drinking.