Chapter 1

Chapter One

*Two Years Later*

Aqueela POV

The doctors told me there was a very small chance I would survive the surgery.

Mason was holding my hand next to my hospital bed.

"Leech, you will survive. You are the strongest person I know. You can go through this successfully and come out alive and breathing." He told me.

I didn't believe him.

I mean, c'mon. I know I'm made of steel but sometimes humans have to come and melt them to make something useful for other humans to use. I don't know where I'm going with this.

Long story short, I can die.

But Mason was right. He was actually right.

I did survive it like a boss.

I was released 4 days later after the surgery.

And I can home to the biggest surprise of my life.

~-.-~

*Back in Minnesota*

Jay POV

I absentmindedly pat Slobbers head as I enter the house. I slowly walk towards my couch and drop my leather jacket on the floor on the way.

I drop myself on the couch roughly and sigh as I rub my face with my hands roughly.

I look at the door. Waiting for her to come back. Hoping she would come back. For her to come through the door saying she was testing me. That -

"She's not coming back, man." A voice startles me from the kitchen.

I walk over there to see Grey leaning on my counter

"How did you even get in here?" I say rubbing my eyes.

"I came with you from the bar. I was walking right behind you." he says looking at me as if I was crazy.

I think I was.

I shake my head and sit down on a stool.

I lean on the counter and put my head in my hands.

"How do you know?" I ask him shaking my head.

He looked at me again with the same crazy look. "Don't you think she would've come back these two years?!"

I stay silent at that.

"Exactly." Grey says triumphantly.

"Man, I'm tired so please evacuate my house so I can take my well needed 'siesta'." I say pushing him towards the door.

"Wow." He says nodding his head but leaving my house anyway.

Once I hear the door close I run up the stairs and towards my room and belly flop on my bed.