Chapter 6

A/N BELOW!! IMPORTANT!! MUST READ!!

~-.-~

Aqueela POV

"I don't want to talk about it!" I yell at him.

"Well, I do!" Jay shouts back.

"It's embarrassing!" I say.

"If I share something embarrassing of me, will you finally tell me why you have a teddy bear with my face on it?"He raises an eyebrow.

I nod a little as I turn to look at him for a second. "Spill."

"I still have the 'Looney Tune' hat Max gave you for your birthday." He says, his cheeks turning a slight shade of pink.

I coo at him and pinch his cheek, "Mr. Bad Boy is whipped."

"Yeah, yeah." He pries my hand off his cheek. "Your turn and keep your eyes on the road."

"Well," I lick my lips and look back at the bear he's holding, his face taped on the bears face, "this is actually a very funny story."

"I'm in the mood for a laugh." He shrugs still inspecting the bear.

"Okay." I reposition myself so I'm more comfortable but in reality, I don't want to see Jay's face when I answer him. Or listen to his response.

"Just because I didn't want to call you didn't mean I still didn't miss you. I took the bear Mason gave me and printed a jumbo-sized picture of you. I cut out the face and taped it one the teddy bear, that way that if I missed you, which I always did, at least I would hug the bear and it would feel like you were there with me." I say shrugging.

Jay stays silent. "C'mon, Jay, your silence is killing me." I say sighing.

"What do you want me to say, Aqueela?!" Jay suddenly shouts, making me jump. "You missed me yet you didn't call and YOU replaced me with this stuffed animal?!"

"I didn't think it was a good idea!" I defend myself. "The bear was the only thing that I wasn't afraid I would lose! The bear gave me hope." My voice grows smaller until it's a soft whisper, I couldn't look at him so I was looking straight ahead.

He sighs in frustration. "Pull over." He says.

"What?" I say confused.

"What you heard; pull over." He says nudging his head to the side.

"But w-what about Zac, a-and my father." I stutter.

"Pull. Over." He says sternly.

I sigh, silently hating on how stubborn he is, and pull over.

He opens the door and gets out. "Now get out of the car."

"What? Is this where you kill me?" I say, looking at the dark, abandoned barn a few miles away.

"Not yet."

"Not yet?!" I say. "Now I'm definitely not getting out of the car!"

"You asked for it." He says as he goes around the car. He yanks the door on my side open and in one swift motion, he hooks his arm around my knee and throws me over his shoulder.

I scream and slap his back as I'm being hung upside down.

"What are you doing? Let me go!" I shout at him as I try to release his grip.

"Shut up." Jay says, whispering.

"What? No!" I yell.

"Do you want to get killed?!" He whisper shouts as he sets me down in front of him.