31. Help

Lucas

Eddy has been trying, I can see it in the way he sends me a wobbly smile through his evident fear. I can also see that little bit of emptiness in his eyes that scares me to death.

Last night, we all went to bed at about four in the morning, Eddy and I stayed in his room, my mum in the guest room across from ours. Eddy was fast asleep, it's always been his way of dealing with stuff. It's like his mind goes a million miles per second and his body can't keep up, so it just shuts down. Lucky him, I on the other hand, am the kind of person that does not sleep at all when my mind is thinking about possibly being murdered by my drug dealer.

As Eddy slept, I carried him to his room after bidding farewell to the parents and after shutting the door closed. I took off his clothes like i'd done a million times when we where younger, leaving him in his briefs. I draped the covers over him and went into his closet to change into a tee shirt and pants. When I laid down beside him, he immediately draped his body over mine and stayed there for the rest of the night.

So that is how the sun greeted us, me laying on my back, staring at the ceiling as I held Eddy close to me and occasionally kissed his hair when he frowned in his sleep.

I thought about everything and how it went better than expected. I was so afraid to tell the truth because I was afraid of being alone and now here I was, protected by Eddy's family, still loved by my mum, and Eddy though unable to forgive me, laying in my arms as he slept.

When everyone woke up at around noon, Eddy rushed to his bathroom to shower, leaving me alone for the first time. I checked my phone and read the one text message Blair had left me: Went to look for Blast. Don't get my parent's involved. Too dangerous.

I immediately bolted down in search for Edgar who read the text message and called his team of lawyers for a meeting in his office. It is now five in the afternoon and they haven't come out yet.

Eddy is trying. He's clinging to me like he's afraid i'll vanish, but every time I go to hold his hand I see him wince for a second before he clasps my hand way too tightly. The same thing happens when I go to kiss his cheek or run my hand through his hair, he winces and it's absolutely heart wrenching.

He's sitting besides Anne, neither of them talking but I can see how this fight is hurting them, they used to be best friends, he used to tell him mum everything and now they're sitting awkwardly, staring at their tea in absolute silence. My mum has gone back to our house to pack some clothes, since we'll be staying here until everything is resolved.

Since she still owns the majority of my dad's security company, she has stationed body guards around the Black's grounds and none of us is to leave without at least one of them accompanying us.

We will have to pretend everything is in order, our parents will go back to their usual lives and Eddy and I will continue to volunteer at the Abby, with the only difference that we'll be followed everywhere and we'll be living at the manor.

"Anne," I say, "May I talk to you?"

She squints her eyes at me, "You can say it here," she shrugs.

"I'll leave," Eddy blurts, standing up abruptly and heading towards the servant's quarters, to my absolute disgust. He's in good terms with Sebastian again and it's driving me to be physically ill.

Anne turns to me and lifts her eyebrow, waiting for me to speak. For a few seconds i'm too busy imagining what Sebastian might be saying to my boyfriend right now. What if Eddy got back together with him? It would be a more sane decision and he would be much better off but I love him. I can't let anyone else have him. Not anymore.