Chapter two: A good bye and a arrival

The next morning I got up early so I could say goodbye to my friend Jenny. It was the worst thing ever because i'm not even sure if I will be able to see her again. Moving to a different state and leaving friend behind is terrible. After I said my goodbye we were on our way to Florida, I was excited because I can now see new things and meet new people but sad that I was leaving behind my friends. We drove for seventeen hours straight that day, I felt so sore and I hated sitting in the car for that long. Once we arrived to the new home we spent all day moving, we had to rush because we had to return the U-Haul.

The area was nice, I loved how warm it felt and the fact that we now have a pool in the back yard. As we were moving in I saw a group of teenagers standing in a little group across the street. There was four girls and two boys, I was hoping that they would say hi because I am the worst at making friends. As I was getting the last box off the car they started to walk to my direction, I got excited but then I realized that four of them just lived next door. I had a chance to say hey to them but I was to shy to even try.

I saw them outside every day from my window, they spent a lot of time playing soccer and one boy seemed to spend his time with the sae girl. One day as I was cleaning the pool, they hit the ball over the fence. I did not see it coming but the bang it hit my head. I picked it up and kicked it back over the fence and kept doing what I was doing. I was hoping that I could start a conversation but failed. The summer went by very fast and I made no new friends, the school year was just around the corner and I was freaking out on the inside. Just two more days to go and I had to go to a new school and try to make new friends.

The day came and I woke up at the break of dawn to get ready, after I was done I waited for the bus to come by. I had to walk to the bus stop at the end of the street and I saw my neighbors. They stood there in a group again but the little kid was missing from it this time. There stood one guy and four girls, I secretly listened in to their conversation found out their names, there was Gabby and Lana, they were both sisters and then there was Andre, Maggie, and Lucy, they were siblings. As we were getting on the bus I realized that Andre and Lana were holding hands, I stared at him for a little and as I turned away Lana gave me a dirty look. I could not help but to speed walk onto the bus, I sat at the front so I would avoid her. I did not even know her and she hated me already.

When the day was over I realized that I had all my classes with Andre and Maggie. The day was not as bad as I expected even though I made no friends, i felt like it was ok. That night as I sat at my desk I realized that Andre's room window was right across from me and I could see him playing his Xbox. I guess he noticed me looking at him and waved over to me. He walked over to his window and opened it.

" Hi, you having fun there?" I heard him say. I was not sure I should even reply back because I was just blood shot red.

" Um...hi I did not mean to stare I'm sorry." I said as I was getting up to close to close my window.

" Wait, before you close the window, what's your name?" He looked at me with a nice gentle smile.

"Oh... my name is Melody. " I said shyly as he smiled back and replied.

" Well hello Melody, my name is Andre nice to meet you." I did not know how to reply so I just closed my window shut and closed the blinds. I felt stupid because I could have at least said something back to him instead of seeming rude.

The days went by fast, I still did not have someone to call a friend but I talked to Andre ever so often, he was very funny and so kind. His girlfriend on the other hand was not so nice and she kept giving me dirty looks every time I saw her and that was every school morning. The good thing is that time went by fast and the next thing you know was that summer was back again and I have been living here for just three years and only really made one real friend. Andre was very fun to be around and that summer we were together a lot.

I soon realized that he left his girlfriend and seemed to be brighter. He was just so fun to around with and we would always play soccer together, even if I was not so good at it. I liked how some nights we would just talk out the window for hours and it seemed so fun. He made that summer very fun and the great part is that we stuck together . The summer before our senior year was an interesting one. Andre started acting a bit different around me and I even felt different. I realized that I really enjoyed being around him and I felt really comfortable with him.