9. That should be Me

Okay people… another place modification… sa UST kasi… yung ‘garden’ lang talaga… as in may mga puno and everything… ay lovers’ lane… which is too crowded… at ang botanical garden… na… well… hindi siya ideal place for peace and order… so dahil kailangan ko ng lugar bukod sa library na magiging mag-isa[literally] si lexi… i-imagine niyo ulit na somewhere in UST ay may garden… may man-made pond… may mga puno-puno… okay, you get the picture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As expected, eto ang unang araw ng dance lessons nila… so dahil iba iba nga ng sched… nagkataon naman na block nina lexi, kris at josh ang magkakasabay… pati ang block nina derrick, elmo at jake.

Girls against the left wall and boys against the right wall. Ms. Angeles was standing in the middle of the room, and Mr. Salva near the music player…  

Ms. Angeles:   Silence!

Nung medyo tahimik na… She started a slow waltz and turned again to look at them.

Ms. Angeles:  In the Ball next week you'll be representing our school and you must be on your best behaviour... And of course we don't want for you to get shamed from a lack of...dance experience. Before I start I must ask, does anyone know how to ball room dance?

Konti lang ang nagtaas ng kamay… hello? Bihira lang ang school sa high school na nagooffer ng ballroom dancing sa PE! Walang kamatayang aerobics, folk dance at modern dance lang! So yun… sabihin na nating ang dapat niyo lang malaman… ay sina Derrick, Jake, Elmo, Ken sa boys at Yassi at Lexi sa girls ang marunong…

Ms. Angeles:   everything is learned better through experience… so… hmmmm…

Mr. Salva:       Mr. Vargas here… he’s a good dancer from our college…

Ms. Angeles:   very well… Mr. vargas if you please…

Jake stood up and with a small smile and a wink to the girl's direction he went and stood in front of Ms. Angeles.

Lord… please… Lexi please… pag tinawag siya ni Ms. Angeles… That way he wouldn't look like a traitor since he would be technically forced to dance with her.

Ms. Angeles:   well… we also have a good dancer from our college… Ms. Fernandez, if you please…

Thank you Lord! I love you!

Gasps filled the Hall as Lexi reluctantly make her way towards Jake. Jake could practically feel Lexi’s blockmates death glares boring into his skull. He ignored them along with his own friends’ outraged whispers. Hiding his pleased smile he turned and looked at Derrick. His friends' cool stare was unreadable. He shook his head to his direction and he twirl around to look at the pretty girl standing next to him. He gave her a reassuring wink and offered his hand. They took their positions just as the waltz restarted, his left hand gingerly touching her waist and his right holding delicately hers. Her right hand was placed on his shoulder and he felt delightful shivers run down his spine at the close contact of their bodies.

Ms. Angeles:   Move closer if you please, no one is going to bite you!

Tipong hinila agad ni Jake si Lexi… para mapalapit si Lexi sa kanya… A small gasp escaped her and when he winked at her she glared at him.

Nag-uusap sila… pero bulungan lang kasi andun si Ms. Angeles

Lexi:                nababaliw ka na ba?!