six.

LUKE.

the most ideal situation for me when i woke up was for vera to be beside me, both of us waking up slowly and relishing in the presence of each other. but not everything is ideal.

the bed space beside me was empty, and to say that my heart broke a little was sort of an understatement. because it did break. intensively.

i look at the clock and it's 8:59, a minute before nine am and i will myself to get up. there's something about me that really doesn't want me to get up but my throat is extremely dry and i need water.

i brush my teeth and head to the kitchen to look for something that will soothe my vocal track. i'm slightly hungover. it's not bad, but it isn't good either. it also doesn't help that the girl i like just left without warning.

but all that changes and my day is automatically made when i see a figure in front of the stove, cooking up something that smells like bacon and eggs. there are pancakes on the table as well situated beside a bottle of maple syrup and some butter. she's wearing the shirt i lent her last night and her light blonde hair is up in a messy bun. there's music playing faintly, and i wonder how i didn't hear any of this when i woke up.

i walk up to the girl and wrap my arms around her waist once i'm close enough. she jumps up, surprised but relaxes when she realizes it's just me. "good morning, quinn." i say kissing her cheek.

she spins around and mutters a "good morning, hemmings." then places her lips on mine. there's something about this kiss that makes it so sweet- maybe it's because we're both sober right now and maybe it's because we finally have the confirmation that we do like each other.

she smiles against the kiss and we break apart. "making breakfast for me, huh?" i tease, "i could get used to this."

"i'm not the best cook, hemmo. just a heads up. but dig in!" she exclaims, her face filled with excitement to see my reaction when i taste her cooking.

i take a bite of the bacon and instantly my mouth waters. "holy shit, this is amazing."

with that she brightens up and takes a seat in front of me on the table, starting to eat as well.

we take on the rest of the day together, driving to my place to get clean clothes first. eventually, we're at some mall and i intertwine my fingers with her. i'm not ashamed to show the world that what we have is something more.

two weeks were enough for me to like her. and two weeks were enough for her to reciprocate.

the modeling chance did me so much good. never did i expect to find someone as beautiful and as flawless as vera.

we sit at a restaurant table and continue to spend the rest of the day together. my phone keeps going off, yet i makes no move to answer it. eventually vera speaks up. "luke aren't you going to answer that or something? if anything, i don't mind at all."

i look up at her. "since you insist." giving her a sketchy smile.

"hi."

"luke holy shit? you actually picked up! i'm so sorry babe i really want you back. ian's absolutely nothing compared to you and-"

"alyson shut the fuck up. we broke up for a reason. i can never forgive what you did. so leave me the fuck alone. i have a girlfriend."

"but luke baby, please, rem- what? you have a girlfriend? no! babe, don't do-"

"fuck you alyson. leave me and my girlfriend in peace. go find someone else who'll deal with your cheating ass."

with that i dropped the call, and vera raised an eyebrow. "sounds like some crazy ex."

"it was a crazy ex."

she laughed at the accuracy of her thought and after a minute of silence, she asked a question i've been expecting since i dropped the phone call.

"so luke, since when was i your girlfriend?"

and i lean in closer towards her and grin.

"they're white lies, vera. lies that won't harm anyone."