Chapter I

7:30 A.M- Tuesday, October 28th, 2014
226 Peachtree St.
Southwest Atlanta
Atlanta Police Department- Landon Wilson's office

                    Detective Landon Wilson was awoke from a deep sleep by what felt like an earthquake shaking him. After a moment of being shook around his chair, he was annoyed to realize it was only his partner Ian Taylor. Landon let out a groggy groan before sitting up slowly.
"Jesus, Landon." The black haired male examined the blond closely, "You didn't go home last night?"
"Guess not." Landon sighed as he stretched out in his chair. He finally opened his eyes, and the first thing he saw was a worried expression on Ian's face as he continued to examine him.
"This is serious, Landon." Ian's worrisome voice now had something else in it, Landon had recognized it as frustration.
"You don't need to worry about me, Ian." Landon looked down at his desk. The papers were covered in drool from Landon's sleep. Ian seemed to notice too because he sighed deeply, "Landon, this isn't healthy. I'm telling Oakley to send you home."
Landon's head shot up as he looked at his fellow detective, "What?! You cannot do that!" He stood up and caught a quick glimpse of himself in the mirror. His short blond hair was sticking to his forehead and his t-shirt was a crumpled mess around his torso.
Ian stood up also, a rage was building up in him and Landon could feel it, "Do you not see yourself Landon? You're exhausted!"
"I don't need you to babysit me, Ian!" Landon's voice got louder than he had anticipated and a second later, their squad Captain, Miranda Oakley, burst into the room, "What in the hell is going on in here? It's bad enough we have suspects yelling. We don't need you two-" Miranda Oakley had gone silence as she examined Landon.
Landon was speaking before he could do anything to stop himself, "Stop looking at me like that!" He was getting frustrated, Landon was twenty-nine years old. He didn't need his coworkers babysitting him.
"Detective Wilson," Captain Miranda Oakley spoke sternly, her gaze was piercing Landon, "You are going to pack up your paperwork," She pointed to the sprawled mess on his desk, "and you are going to go home."
"But, Captain-" Landon started in protest, but the woman spoke before he could, "If you're not out of your office in the next twenty minutes, you are fired."

8:08 AM - Tuesday, October 28th, 2014
Atlanta Public Safety Annex - 226 Peachtree Street SW
Atlanta, Georgia

Landon pulled out of the parking garage, nodding at the officer in the toll booth. e guard shack as he pulled his 1976 Chevy Impala out onto Peachtree. His phone started to scream, and he grumbled as he pulled it out of the pocket of his blue jeans. The caller ID read "Unknown", but he tapped answer anyways and held it up to his ear.

"Detective Wilson?" The voice on the line was so heavily distorted that Landon couldn't tell if the caller was a man or a woman, and his curiosity peaked, "Who is this?"
"That doesn't matter," The voice replied immediately. "I've left you something at the park in Historic Fourth Ward."
"What is it? Who are you?" If Landon was ever tired, he sure wasn't feeling it now. He could feel his heart pumping and both of his hands were on the wheel of his dark red 1976 Chevy Impala.
"As I said, Detective, that doesn't matter." The voice stopped talking and in the background, a distorted noise could be heard, "If I were you, I'd be more worried about what I left for you in the park."
Landon was getting frustrated, he was beginning to wonder if this was some kind of prank from local teens until his radio crackled.

"All units, all units, be advised, signal 48 in the Fourth Ward Park. Any unit available, respond code three."
Without any warning to the other cars in his lane, he performed an illegal U-turn and sped off in the direction of Old Fourth Ward, lights and sirens blaring.