Wanted (Part 1)

Nicole's POV

Eleven years have already passed, yet I can still feel the tingles that I felt every time I saw him years ago.

Anyway, hi, I'm Nicole. The dumbest living creature God ever created.

I knew we were on different worlds. We definitely don't belong together. But why did I even think of a 'maybe'? I don't know. You see, when you are in love, you can think loads of possibilities, even the tiniest one. You just can't give up. You won't give up. You won't let go of the thought that maybe you belong together.

Really, you have to know how to control your thoughts. You have to distinguish the difference between fantasy and reality because if you won't, you'll end up like me, shattered into pieces.

Heavy, the air seemed to be as the agonizingly long as days drew on. The wants and needs to shed a tear but feeling nausea by the thought of him being with someone kills me.

"Nicole! You have to be ready in 10 minutes! Do you want to miss the grand alumni homecoming?" my mom yelled at me.

For some reason, yes, I want to skip it and just stay here in my room to finish these damned scheduled files. But part of me wanted to see how Yuki was doing. Is he fine? Is he doing good? Does he have a girlfriend? I hope he does not.

"Coming!" I shouted.

Putting down my makeup brush and setting everything with spray, I came down from my room and saw my mom talking to someone on the phone.

Once she caught a glimpse of me walking towards her direction, she stopped talking and plastered a wide smile on her face, as if she forgot about the phone call.

"Nicole," my mom said with so much love and hugged me tight.

"Mom! It's not like I'm getting married. Wait, wait. My haaair!" My mom laughed at me by then. Oh, yes, great. Now I'm gonna have to redo my hair.

"But my baby looks like she's getting married-"

"Who's getting married!?" Dad suddenly popped out from the kitchen.

"Our baby!" Mom said and hugged me again.

"Our baby? What's so special about her face today?" Dad asked as soon as he sat down on the sofa.

Mom went beside her and said, "Look at her face! Can't you recognize any difference? She looks... she looks like a model with that makeup and dress on."

"Honey, even without those, she will always look like an angel to me. And angels are much better than models, eh?" Dad answered with his eyes still on the television.

Okay that was... cheeky.

My mom walked me towards the door and hugged me tight, for the third time. "Be home before 12, alright?"

On my way towards my alma mater, all I could think was Yuki's presence. How is he? Will he love my dress? Will he approach me? Does he have a girlfriend? I really don't know anymore.

Eleven years have already passed. Eleven fucking years and I am still hang up with one guy. I could not even get a boyfriend because all I will do is compare him with Yuki.

"That would be 138 pesos," the cab driver broke the series of questions in my head.

Okay. This is it. I'm going to face him and tell him that I still like him. Whatever the consequences will be, I will do it with all my might because what ifs won't get me anywhere.

As soon as I went inside the campus, people started to look at me. Disbelief was plastered in their face, I don't even know why.

"Nicole! Nicole!"