Chapter 1 (The Hospital)

Adelaide's P.O.V

All I can see was darkness and rain. As it bested down heavily on my tiny bruised shoulders and mounded on my blonde hair making it fluffy with water.

I can practically ring out my hair and clothing. I didn't want to be trapped and inclosed within darkness like this but I really didn't have a choice.

I couldn't go back to my daddy. Daddy would hit me and play big girl games. I shudder at the phrase. He took pictures of me. It was gross. I cringed as it triggered old memories.

I was only four. Almost five. I smiled to myself. I wore a large white shirt that used to be my mommies. But it was dirty and stain. I only wore a light shall and was bear footed.

My feet were creased and bloody. But the rain helped smooth the ground so it wasn't so hard to walk upon today. Usually it's so unbearable I sit in the middle of the pave stone as people pass by me with no reconciliation.

I accidentally cut my foot along a pebble stone yesterday. It didn't stop spilling red until I dipped my foot is discolored water that spiraled down into the public drain.

I also haven't eaten a week. I'm practically a dead girl walking..

I help my stuff bunny close to my chest. Tying to be careful about it getting wet from rain. But I was barely keeping myself covered so my banban had no chance of keeping sanctuary from the rain.

I walked aimlessly. The lights were bright as many people even passed. I couldn't read or write but counting was my specialty. I always counted the stop signs or cracks in the streets.

I learned a while ago I was in somewhere called 'L.A.' A lot of people come here! It's fascinating.

But as the rain neared down barely anyone roamed the streets.. I sighed as I sat aimlessly on a wet bench.

I cried as I felt my pamper soaked. Making it uncomfortable. I outside a host-pee-tall or hose-pa-toll. Hosi? Hose? Hos-pital.

I couldn't read but I sat attempting to make out the large word. Trying to sound it out as it seemed impossible!

I declared it said hostpeetall. I couldn't understand this logic. However it was passing time.

I sadly sucking my thumb, whilst I pulled into a fetus position and huddled close to my body. It was cold and I was wet/sticky.

I didn't even notice the nice lady who walked carefully out of the hospital towards me...

She had walked towards me from the other side. Probably speaking the word a thousand times. She finally spoke gently, "Hello?"

I know fucking cute.

Did y'all get that Adele joke?

Btw the main character is Adelaide! Nicknames? You pick

•Addie

•DeDe

Or

•Ela