Upcoming

Haruka must be exaughsted from today, I feel the same way as well. I'm wondering how Zero feels since I'm now officially a trueblood, and not a level E like him. Zero hates our kind since we bring misery to humans, since Shizuka Hio turned him into a vampire after all. So many Aristocats are respecting us as their lord or something, even though we weren't born truebloods. 

I crawl into my bed tired, since it's just about time for the day class students to come out and start classes. I then fall asleep even before I knew it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I wake up from my slumber and walk to the window afterwards, I see the Day Class students forming around the gate of the Night Class. This sure is usual for them to do this, I then get dressed and nudge Haruka to wake her up. 

"Hmm?" Haruka says as she wakes up. 

"It's time to go to class now, I suggest you get up." I say to Haruka and she does. I walk out of the room so Haruka can get dressed and she comes out. 

I sometimes wonder if I died in the car crash along with my parents, that I would never be able to become a vampire. I was been suffering for weeks fearing to be a level E, Koki tricked me and I drank his blood speeding up the process. Koki and Mai then got murdered by that vampire hunter, I started to fall to level E and hurt Kotaro. I told Kaname that I wanted to be a pureblood so no one gets hurt, but the consequence was Zero doesn't like me so much anymore. I've been through a lot if you think about it. 

The both of us walk to the gate to be greeted by everyone. 

"Good Morning." Hanabusa says to us. 

"Let's get going." Kaname says and the gate opens. We all start to walk out the gate and see the Day Class students screaming their heads off for their loved ones. Is it me or are they louder than usual, an important even might be coming up. 

We arrive at class, I sit at the back in a separate chair. Haruka does as well since we're purebloods I guess, we get millions worth of respect. I look outside the window and see the moon covered by flowers, what a shame on what happened to the wonderful moon. The teacher still isn't here yet, so we probably have a free period or something. 

"Did you hear about the upcoming ball?" Haruka asks me. 

"Upcoming ball?" I ask her. 

"It's a time of the year where the Day Class and the Night Class can have fun, but it has a high risk of revealing the Night Class's secret. So the Disciplinary Committee keeps watch the entire time." Haruka says to me. 

"Sounds fun, and also I'll get to have a chat with some of my old friends too." I say to her. 

"As long as no one makes a mess, it will be a fun time for the Day Class students." Haruka says back. 

I wonder if I'll be able to dance with Kotaro, back in Junior High School and had a dance at the school, we had a lot of fun. He has been down in the dumps lately, so hopefully I can cheer him up. I look at Haruka who appears to be deep in thought. It's time to go have a break from classes, I stand up and see Zero sitting down under a tree. I walk out of the building and walk over to him. 

"Hey Zero." I say to Zero and he looks up at me. 

"Oh.. hey Sumiko." Zero says and I sit down next to him. 

"I've heard about the upcoming ball, are you going?" I ask him. 

"I have to, to make sure no vampires drink the blood of humans, especially you, Sumiko and Kuran." Zero says. 

"I understand, I'll help out." I say to Zero and he nods. I then stand up when I see Yuki coming our way, I smile at her as a hello. 

"Hey Yuki, it's been a while hasn't it." I say to Yuki. 

"I agree, Yori is continuously missing you everyday, it's not the same without you." Yuki says to me. 

"Thanks Yuki." I say to her. 

"No problem Sumiko!" Yuki says to me happily. 

I start to walk away, and I see Hanabusa hiding in a bush. 

"What's wrong Hanabusa?" I ask him. 

"K-Kaname's after me since I said something bad." Hanabusa says shaking a bit. 

"Good luck with that." I say as I walk away from him. 

I see Kotaro sleeping on grass, he must not be used to the night shifts yet. 

I walk up to him and flick his head. 

"Eh?" Kotaro says waking up looking at me. 

"You know you shouldn't be sleeping on duty." I say to him. 

"Oh hey Sumiko." Kotaro says to me sitting up. 

We just talked for the past 10 minutes about the difference in the day class and night class. 

"Sumiko, are you going to the upcoming ball?" Kotaro asks me. 

"Yes, why?" I ask him. 

"I want to dance with you there." Kotaro says to me. 

"Of course, we danced many times when we were younger." I say to him. 

"Sounds good then, the ball is in about 2 days so I'll see you there!" Kotaro says running off. 

 I see someone approaching me, it looks to me like they're aiming a gun at me. I hear a gunshot and a bullet is shot near my arm. I look at the person to be aiming their gun again.

"It's been a while Sumiko, do you even remember me?" The person says. 

"I don't know you at all, so you introduce yourself first." I say to the person. 

"Does Kin Noto ring a bell?" The person says. 

"K-Kin? Is that really you? You're a vampire hunter?" I ask. 

"Humans turned into a pureblood by an ancient vampire spell is a massive crime impacted onto the Hunter Association. I have an order to capture you and your sister Haruka." Kin says. 

Captured? Why would they capture me when they can kill me on the spot if they wanted to? Kin was such a sweet and nice boy when we were kids, now he's a vampire hunter. I don't believe it at all.