Chapter 14: The Meeting *Part 1: The Truth Behind Them"

//Justin//

"Derek's at the airport."

Derek's at the airport. The airport is a 45 minute drive from here which means that Derek is 45 minutes away from me. The thought made me shiver. This is so messed up. Quin left a few minutes ago. So I'm here all alone again, just the way I like it.

The silence gave me time to think. What will happen when we meet? How will I react? Should I say hi or punch him in the face? I can't seem to find the right actions for a situation like this. Well, it's not everyday that you'll get kidnapped then 3 months later the kidnapper will show up.

I layed down on my bed and just stared at the ceiling, waiting for sleep to take over me but was not doing any improvements what so ever. I then realized that I haven't changed my clothes yet but I'm too tired to change so I just don't care. My mind then went back to what happened earlier.. The first time I saw Quin cry.. And the time she told me the truth behind them..

*flashback*

I just finished showering after my 'class' when I decided to go out and have a walk. I haven't quite explored the place in my months of staying here. As I went out of the house, I saw Quin sitting on the bench. Her back was facing me but I know that she's Quin. I was arguing with my self whether or not I should go to her or not but my mind said that I should so I went to the bench and sat besides her.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Hey." she replied then after that nothing. She was just looking out of the open. She looks like she's thinking deeply or maybe something was bothering her. And because of my curiosity, I asked her.

"Watcha thinking about?" I asked, but she didn't answer right away.

"Nothing." was her only reply and by the looks of it, she's lying.

"C'mon. I know something is bothering you. Spill." "Nothing is bothering me." her voice was raised a little and that signifies that she's indeed lying. I raised one of my eyebrows as if saying a sarcastic "really?" She took her gaze away from me, back to the open then sighed.

It was just about noon so the sun was hitting her face. As always, she looked stunning but that doesn't mean any feelings are starting to develop. I'm just stating the truth. I stared at her but after awhile I took my gaze away from her and too stared at the open.

"If I told you a secret right now, would you keep it?" she said out of the blue.

"I don't know anyone here besides you and Tim so I think I can manage." I didn't look at her as I replied.

It became quiet again. It wasn't awkward silence and it wasn't comfortable silence either. We just didn't talk.

The wind came like a flash, like it only passed us for a second. The trees moved for a second then none. It became steady again. It was so quiet that it seems weird that everything was also silent. No sounds at all but then Quin spoke.

"Derek and I known each other since we were in 5th grade. We went to the same school and we see each other everyday but we hated each other. Neither of us could stand to  look at one another or even breath the same air..." she chuckled at her memory. I just kept quiet and listened.

"We even gave nick names to each other. I used to call him giraffe because he was always cheating in class and he calls me Dobby because he said that I looked like Harry Potter's elf friend.."

"There was no day that passed that we haven't been called to the principals office. We prank and annoy each other as much as we could in the time span of 8 hours cuz that's how long school is..."