01. Let's play

September 8th, 23:06 pm.

One of the quietest nights we've ever had so far. Probably because the twins were sleeping before midnight for once, or because the arrival of school was coming closer and closer each day, causing some teens to freak out and revise their notes. Well, they were the ones who thought of the possibility of a pop test on the first day from a crazy teacher they may have.

Unfortunately and fortunately, I didn't have any classes. Fortunately because I just wouldn't be able to stand the whining, crying, desperation and loudness of the kids this days. So, in my opinion, it was better for me and for everyone who didn't want to end headless that I didn't go to school once again.

Cheering silently in my mind with no real emotion, I continued with my silent walking, my six inches heels were impossible to be heard by anyone but those with enhanced hearing. And this is where the "unfortunately" came in. My never sleeping body was forced to seek him out after receiving an only text message in my HTC One smartphone. Because of my loyalty (10%) and fear (90%), I followed my Alpha's order. Even though I was no werewolf at all.

My kind was almost extinct. Only a few of us survived the hunters some centuries ago, and thankfully, I didn't have to, seeing as I wasn't even born yet when the war against hunters and vampires began. Nowadays, no one but us know that vampires still exist. That's something he loves, seeing as it gives us an advantage as I am what he wants to call as 'the secret weapon'.

Pushing open a set of old, rusty metal doors with my manicured hands, which quickly found their way to my black jeans, trying to get off the dust they now had from the doors. Without pausing my walking, my long brown curls fell freely to my middle back, bouncing with every step I took over my black leather jacket, which covered my grey tank top. Stopping a few steps before him, I asked in half exasperation and half boredom, "You asked for me, Deucalion?"

Instead of answering, he merely continued looking through the window, his red eyes analizing every detail he could capture. After a few minutes of me tapping my black heeled boots against the floor impatiently, my fear letting me know that I couldn't interrupt him, he slowly turned to me.

"Kali and Ennis found an intruder, a beta of Derek's." At his name I tensed. Eight years have passed and I still hated him. I mean, he did this to me. He killed me. He made me into... this. And I will make him pay. "And thanks to you, Persephone, we'll know if he told anyone of his location, if anyone will come too quickly. Our plan is nearly done, we don't need some little pack of teenagers to ruin it for us."

"Don't worry Deucalion. I've always wanted to know what it'd feel to have a living werewolf toy." I said with a smirk. His widened to, and with a nod of his head towards the exit, I left him and made my way to wherever they had him.

I had not always feared Deucalion. Years back, when my body was in transition, he helped me. Helped gain control of my bloodlust, my new abilities and... myself.

Blocking the memories which wanted to surface, I focused my senses on my new 'mission'. Smell, hearing. Anything unfamiliar, I'll pick it up. Having fed recently it almost came too easily to me. Arriving to the unfamiliar smell, I heard crying. Then, I realized why he was suffering.

I may be a vampire. I may be a heartless bitch with my enemies and some pack members like Ennis. I may be known for my rude ways and kills. But I wasn't as soulless as Kali and Ennis had come to be. Locking up a kid in the closet where his pack member, his friend laid dead was just utterly wrong.

With a sigh, I unlocked the door. As soon as the door was opened, I realized the kid didn't have much of a kid. He was five inches taller than me, his muscular frame was hugged by a black leather jacket, his curly honey haired was messy and his clear blue eyes glared right at me as tears streamed down his pale face. Seeing this as an opportunity, the kid run towards me, his features having wolfed out already, as well as his claws, which tried to scratch me. Not having had anticipated him fighting me, I got out of the way late, his claws tearing my leather jacket before he sprinted down the hall.